1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with Steel Phalanx

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Sora9785, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

Hello comrades. Ive got a game of Paradiso 402 coming against steel phalanx. Ive got quite a headache to make a good list against them. I get a Sukeul K1 FO and a Taquel Spitfire CoC for free (from Mission 401). I think with 2 Gao Raels to deal with Myrmidons.

[​IMG] Tohaa
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] SAKIEL Combi Rifle, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] KOSUIL Engineer K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] KUMOTAIL Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7
    [​IMG] HATAIL Spec-Ops (34 XP) (PH:14, WIP:15, W:2, Doctor, Engineer, Hyper-Dynamics L3) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA SERVANT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA SERVANT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL Lieutenant (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)
    [​IMG] KOSUIL Engineer Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] KAMAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    [​IMG] KAMAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    [​IMG] TAQEUL (Chain of Command) Spitfire, SymbioBugs / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 40)

7.5 SWC | 372 Points

Open in Infinity Army

What do you think?

2. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

34 XP spec ops is the dream.

I would be tempted to take Nikouls or Clipsos minelayers. Both of which can be really serious speed bumps to an SP alpha strike.

Sakiel + 2 Makauls would be one of my sweeper triads against SP. Nimbus plus grenades + heavy flamers on a myrmidon link team. They’re dodging on 7’s now. Watch their ODD melt. I would also use symbiobeasts to manage achielles/hector if they bring it and at 350+ pts I’d imagine they would.

I not sure about Kamael against SP. They have too many good answers against them. ODD smoke+MSV. Atalanta will cause you a lot of pain. If you really are committed to another sniper I’d consider a second Gao Rael Sniper or shave some points elsewhere and get 2 Kaauri Snipers. The MSV1 will atleast help manage some of the ODD and the fact you cannot be surprise shot I think more than makes up for the loss in reactive burst.

Makauls and Chaksa are always nice vs SP. As for the Taquel a Rasail may be a better option as an alphastriker or sweeper team once they advance.

Goodluck with the game and I hope you burn those filthy SP scum.

3. Sora9785

Clipsos are useless because if you deploy out of your zone you must make a phone test with - 6. As for the taquel, it is for free from the last mission. The game are regular 300 pts + people from the last mission

I will take a look at the kauuri though. Later when I am home

4. Sora9785

Looking at the dice calculator the Kauuri has a ~9% chance of hitting whereas a linked Kamael Sniper has ~16% Chance. Only when the link Team is active and I have seen that the Kamael arent linked in my above list. But what do you think of this?

[​IMG] Tohaa
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] SAKIEL Combi Rifle, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] KOSUIL Engineer K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)
    [​IMG] KUMOTAIL Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7
    [​IMG] HATAIL Spec-Ops (34 XP) (PH:14, WIP:15, W:2, Doctor, Engineer, Hyper-Dynamics L3) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL Lieutenant (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] KOSUIL Engineer Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] TAQEUL (Chain of Command) Spitfire, SymbioBugs / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 40)
    [​IMG] KAAURI Sentinel Sniper / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] KAAURI Sentinel Sniper / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 19)

7.5 SWC | 372 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I switched the Raels and took out the Servants to Upgrade the Kamaels to Kauuri

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You wanna face Steel Phalanx?
    *Fire. The ODD is vulnerable to it, and most troops (Achilles, Hector and Ayax aside) do not have more than ARM3. 10 points Chacksas are a dream here.
    *Snipers with MSV2, specially on the other side of the table Hector, Achilles, or Phoenix are deployed. And throw smoke in front of him (so at least you won't draw tons of ARO).
    *Try to go first. SP has little reactive power, usually it being Teucer(MSV2), Agema (MSV2) and Total Reaction remote. You can neutralize the remote with smoke combo.
    *Avoid Melee, they go for it.
    *Assume 1-2 AD troops will try to flank you, on the other hand the only infiltrator is Trasymedes (who is FAR better used in a Thorakitai Fireteam), with Achilles V2 and Andromeda (*snort*) with +10cm.

Wyrmnax and Abrilete like this.
  6. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I think the Gao-Rael sniper is a smart move. He can put down anyone but Achilles very easily, especially those No Wound Incap characters who don't want to be hit with Shock. He can easily soak the occasional hit they might sneak through thanks to Mates.

xagroth, ChoTimberwolf and melkiach like this.
  7. Sora9785

Got my game in today. Used the second list and I won. Direct shoot outs were mainly lost so I had to make some gamble but they suceeded. One Chaksa and the Taquel died to the Infection. Got the K1 Kosuil. a Makaul and LRL Sakiel through. Only the Kumotail, Spec Ops, 1 Kauuri Sniper, 1 Kealtar and Boarding Shotgun Kosuil survived. I got 10 OP and my opponent 5. I killed his Doc to heal the Infected and pinned the Engineers down

Flipswitch, xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation