1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many Ghulam/Halqa/Daylami Models do we need?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I'm going threw my models and trimming down my Haqq collection. I've got resculpts of the Muyibs, Asawira/Janissary, Ragics, Fiday & Farazan. I basically have completely re-sculpted HB force, and can play a mirror match easily. So I'm looking at selling off a playable lot and want to toss in a couple ghulam/daylami to round it out.

I'm definitely keeping my 2 Panzerfaust, Sniper, HMG. Then I have 8 regular Ghluams/Daylami (one is doctor sculpt). I have the ML & 2 other painted as DBS Brawlers. This is excluding the old HMG sculpt I'm definitely getting rid of. Some of my sculpts are from the original starter.

What would be the most Halqa\Daylami\Ghulam one would realistically play in a single game? I think my personal records was 7 Halqas in 1 game.

2. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

I don’t ever run more than 5 at once. I’d keep the swc options + doctor + 3 regular ghulam. Just for variation and different sized games.

Xeurian and Ankaa like this.
  3. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

I use a first ed ghulamgirl as Hunza FO, the others got convertet to daylami PF

Barrogh and oldGregg like this.
  4. Ixidro

Ixidro Deep agent infiltrated in PanOceanian HQ

It's a matter of taste if you want your cheerleaders to be Ghulams or Naffatuns (or both): the old "fire template vs. shotgun" deblacle. I'm more inclined to use Naffatunbs over Ghulams, so except the trusty Medic, FO or Deployable repeater Ghulam, I hardly play them: 3 tops I'd say.

Daylamis are easily stackeable: you can always do the 4 coordinated panzerfausts play but, besides that, running more than 2 and with ghazis (plus Hunzakuts and Bikes) can be challenging.

Halqas have mech deployment. Deploying a bunch of them in ZC of one them seems like a waste. I've played 4 in a game but 3 of them were Yasbir's holoechoes and the lone one was an easy prey. Not a big fan. Maybe keep the old sculpts if you have them as they're OOP.

oldGregg likes this.
  5. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Used to use Halqas with order intensive models. They pair well with dual fiday lists or Maggy. By deploying in advance they add points in a zone for zero orders, while the order hogs have fun. If placed out of LOS and you spend 1 coordinated order going into suppressing fire, your opponent needs to spend multiple orders clearing they out. This works well in scenarios that have zones scored at the end of each round.

#5 Cannon Fodder, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Halqas are really good. It's interesting because like, the classic troops that got put onto the back-burner until they were redone, like the Kamau and Securitate? Of those, the Halqa was the only one that was straight up, as it is, awesome. Like, it's such a good troop option. I reckon they will redo them one day and I almost don't want them to? I can't imagine they'd be as good!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation