1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does work fireteam "identity" in N4?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Ayadan, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

So, new question and I didn't find a clear answer about it: how does is work now?

N4 fireteam rules lack the text we had in late N3 where it was imposed to have the "mother" unit to have the Fireteam skill for any fireteam type requiring it (Haris, Duo, Enomotarchos). So, so far, I was assuming this was still around, but the question arose yesterday in the PanO forum about fireteam and De Fersen, but this is a question I have since I took a deep look at the SP fireteams composition too.

For example: is De Fersen limited to a Duo with only an other Hospitaller? Or does he now can duo with a KoJ and a Santiago too?
    If the answer of the second question is "yes", then is a FT Haris with a Sergeant, a Lazarus and De Fersen also legal?
    Lastly, does a FT Enomotarchos with 3 Thorakitai and Acmon is a valid Enomotarchos of Thorakitai?

Thank you for your answers.

2. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

AFAIK:
    • One trooper in the fireteam needs to have the appropriate Skill (Duo, Haris, Triad, Enomotarchos). This does not apply to Core links.
    • At least one trooper in the fireteam needs to be of the troop type that forms the fireteam (eg to make a Fusilier Core you need a Fusilier or a Counts as Fusilier trooper). If the fireteam is a "special" fireteam, this still applies, but only one trooper is needed who meets the requirement, the others can be wildcards.
    • The fireteam needs to be on the sectorial chart.
    De Fersen counts as a Hospitaller but has no FT skills. He isn't a wildcard.
    • He can be the Hospitaller in a Hospitaller Core (no skill required for that one).
    • He can be the Hospitaller in a Special Knight of Justice Duo with a KoJ.
    • He can join a Hospitaller Duo with another Hospitaller.
    • He should be able to form a Hospitaller Duo with a Santiago; he counts as a Hospitaller, Hospitaller Duo is on the chart, and Santiagos are wildcards with Duo. That ought to fulfill the N4 requirements, even if it's weird as hell.
    A Haris of OS, Lazarus, and De Fersen is an open question because Army says OS have Haris, but the sectorial charts say they only get Core and Special.

An Enomotarchos with 3 non-Eno Thorakitai and Acmon likewise should be legal.

Cronk likes this.
  3. Sungwon

Sungwon Well-Known Member

Check newer sectorial charts after MO update. Hospitallers have Haris. OS also have Haris and Special, but not Core. For me, If Hospitaller Duo of Fersen and Santiago is valid, Fireteam of Fersen, OS, and Lazarus is also valid either Hospitaller Haris or Hospitaller Core. However, it cannot be an OS Haris because Hospitallers cannot join OS fireteam.

wes-o-matic likes this.
  4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

@ijw could you please guide us here. I have the feeling that things should work like @wes-o-matic but I would like something 100% sure. Because this would change quite greatly how I see FT creation in MO and in general.

5. Muad'dib

Muad'dib Well-Known Member

Related to this topic as well, if you form a link team using special link or wildcard units and all of the "real" units in the link die, does the link break?

The example that comes to mind for me is a Fireteam:Core of Ghulam in Hassassin Bahram. You can make a core link that consists of 1 Ghulam, 2 Barids, and 1 Asawira. The Barids have a special rule that allows them to join a Fireteam of Ghulam, but have no Fireteam rule themselves (they are not "counts as Ghulam" either), while Asawira are wildcards but also have the ability to form Fireteam:Duo and Fireteam:Haris on their own. If the Ghulam dies, does the link break as it no longer contains a legal combination of models?

6. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

No.
    Fireteam composition is only relevant when forming a fireteam.
    The fireteam is now a 3 member core fireteam.

chromedog likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation