1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does BS Attack (Guided) work?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Methuselah, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

Is BS Attack (Guided) like BS Attack (Shock)?

BS Attack (Shock) means that the user adds Shock Ammunition to all their BS Attacks.

Meaning, does a model with BS Attack (Guided) add a Guided trait to all their BS Attacks? I think the community generally plays this as no, but I can’t find is spelled out in the rule. My experience is that the BS Attack (Guided) trait is only applied when a model is targeting an enemy model in the Targeted state. If that’s the case, all the bullet points under the first bullet point should probably be indented. If it’s not the case, there are all kinds of implications for models with BS Attack (Guided), who are not firing at models in the Targeted state.

Relevant rule:
    Troopers with the BS Attack (Guided) Skill listed on their Unit Profile:
    • During the Active Turn, they may perform a BS Attack against a target in Targeted State, without requiring LoF. They will perform a BS Roll with a +6 MOD, ignoring all other MODs except those imposed by ECM or TinBots to Guided Attacks.
    • Unless the Skill itself indicates otherwise, the B will always be 1 regardless of the actual B value of the Weapon or any MODs applied to the B.
    • This BS Attack always applies the Impact Template (Circular) Trait, even if the weapon used does not have the Trait.
    • The distance to the target cannot exceed the weapon's maximum Range.
    • The target cannot be in an enclosed room, a possible trajectory for the Attack must always exist.
    • BS Attack (Guided) has a limit of 5 Attacks per Turn for the Active Player.
    • Only weapons that use the BS Attribute may be used with the BS Attack (Guided) Skill.

2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

You seem to have found the right idea—all of those bullet points after the first are continuations of the first.
    Corvus Belli has not yet mastered the art of properly formatting their rules (according to reasonable conventions....) :-(

inane.imp and Methuselah like this.
  3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

And even when shooting at a target in the Targeted state, if they happen to have LoF I'd say they can still choose not to make a Guided shot and instead do a normal BS attack.

4. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

There is no good reason I can think of to ever do this...but technically in N4 a Nox guided sniper can make guided Pistol attacks.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I removed emphasis and added new emphasis to show why people play this as an optional thing ;)

inane.imp and Methuselah like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation