1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you transport your army?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Vocenoctum, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I watched some video's of folks magnetizing and building these big cases for the other games Armies, but Infinity is a bit easier in that way.
    So I made a nice small metal sheet assembly to hold some folks. Should be enough for a decent army, certainly a Code One team fits easy. Tall folks have to ride the top shelf, but plenty of room.
    Also thinking of maybe a velcro bag in the inner lid to hold tokens.

Terrain is obviously a bigger issue.

So, what do folks use?

[​IMG]

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Heh, that looks pretty similar to Brent's setup, might give you ideas:

And yes, magnets are best, i'm (slowly) switching to magnets after foam damaged my minis too many times

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'm using tin cans (think cookie cans) - small ones for transport, a number of larger ones for storage.
    Magnetized bases, of course.

And organizer cases from a hardware store for the tokens.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

I ordered some cardboard magnetic boxes in Polish company Safe and Sound. Not expensive, fits to my carry bag or backpack and works good with my magnets.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that's one of the videos I watched, yeah. I went more simplistic and just bolted straight through a couple levels rather than detachable, then spray painted the entire thing and it fits in a little case I already had.

I usually install the magnets during initial assembly now, since they also make priming and stuff easier too. The sticky tape/ putty worked well, but sometimes didn't hold upside down quite as well.

6. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I stole the concept from Phobos Foundry's Shape Shift trays. They don't offer a size that would match with my tournament tray so I made my own to fit a couple years back and finally got around to making the case just a couple weeks ago (all hand tools except my orbital sander).
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

8. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

For me A-Case is a little to big and expensive, but I think it depends of what size of an army you are taking for tournaments. For me two boxes for around 10-15 standard models each, are big enough in 9/10 situations. Even when I have a lot of REMs with 40-55mm bases.

#8 Bors, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  9. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

I use the Table War III case. I love it because It fits under an airplane seat. It will barely hold every mini in my current faction, but it's too crowded for travel and it easily fits 2 lists plus some extras for any event I attend.

I use a third tray for Warsenal Magnetic tokens and it rests on the bottom of the case. It makes it easy for me to grab the tokens at deployment and during the game.

An over the shoulder tablet satchel contains a PlanO tackle box tray that holds my dice, cards, 3d tokens like Warsenals silhouettes & full color camo, and Art of War's smoke and White Noise. The tray will also fit inside the "drawer" that comes with the Table War case and fits inside, but I need too much vertical space with the Zondnauts and Szally, so I need the satchel.

[​IMG]

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation