1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hostile terrain rule, do you use it ?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Arkhos94, May 22, 2019.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Do you use the hostile terrain rule in your games ? If yes how ?

I'm thinking of using my battle system set to make an "inside ship" table, with either a reactor room (hostile due to radiation) or reactor in some rooms (destroying them turn the room hostile). But I never tried the hostile terrain rule and don't know how playable it is

Wolf likes this.
  2. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

I'm currently working on a board which is going to use it, and I have used it before. the issue I find with it rather than anything else is that it's another thing to remember.

Examples: my current human edge board uses a Tiberium field which is white noise, mountainous and usually 19+ damaging. My new board is a lavafield and will have a variety of dangerous areas from cooling lava to collapsing hollow tunnels. damaged spaceship corridors have worked previously.

I like (Read as I'm going to steal) your idea about having scenery objects to destroy to actvate hostile terrain.

Wolf and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I have enough cars that I can put 4+ lanes of traffic on a table. Yes, the roads are dangerous terrain.

Savnock, xagroth and Arkhos94 like this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Until someone shoots a tyre, when it becomes a 12m wide chest-high wall.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

This is soooo "Matrix"... never go near freeways XD

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

In the interests of simplicity, we didn't allow for shooting cars to stop the traffic. Stand on the lines, you're safe. cross the lane and if you rolled something dangerous (exact roll varied with assumed traffic speed), you are now a speed bump.

7. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I've played with it. In a bunker-complex game, making some of the rooms Hazardous Terrain is really fun (and give the reactor areas White Noise, etc.) It's tons of fun, and not too complicated at all.

8. Kraken1130

Kraken1130 Well-Known Member

I've been playing through the Paradiso Crossroads missions and the hostile terrain (and terrain zones in general) have really improved our game experience for the missions that use them. We are suddenly looking at taking profiles we usually don't, and reconsidering what profiles to take because your rambo piece might slip on a banana peel and die mid-rampage or you might lose that 5 man link bonus as you move up. It's always good to include it, though it sometimes makes it annoying to have to roll every time for every model everywhere they move in cases of total-board coverage or even just dangerous deployment zones.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation