1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holoprojector lvl 3+ Fireteam (Patroclus+Achilles) clarification

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Maugli, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Maugli

Maugli Member

Hello i am sorry if this has been asked but it seems i cant understand how that works. So i deploy Pat with Achilles in fireteam duo and i activate holoecho state on Pat resembling 3 more Achilles. I have now 4 Achilles on the table. The rules specify that i have to place holoecho marker besides one of the three holoecho models. Does that mean that mean that the real Achilles is revelaed as i have to state which models are in holoecho ? Moreover if the real Achilles is hidden lets say i fire with him on my active turn. The opponent now knows which is the real Achilles. If i go out of LOF with enemy does the real achilles scramble among the others so its hidden again or do i have to use entire order to activate holoecho again or how does that work for me to hide real achilles again ??If i have to mark a fireteam duo leader on a model doesnt that reveal which is the real model anyway ?? I am sorry for noobness but thats really confusing part about holoprojector. If you can please explain with example how does that particular duo team would work . Thank you.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Holoechoes replicate all markers that the real figure has, meaning that you'll have 3 Leader markers if Patroclus is leader. So... you'll have already revealed who Achilles is when you linked them.

Do note that you have to put the Holoecho marker next to one of the Holoechoes. You do not have to reveal if this model is the real Patroclus, nor do you have to reveal if one of the other models are the real Patroclus. In fact, all models are Achilles you your opponent, it's just that one of them has a Holoecho marker next to it (so they can guess that's Patroclus or one of Pat's echoes)

As long as you don't link them or move Patroclus/Achilles, Achilles will remain relatively anonymous.

The real Achilles does not interact with Holoechoes at all.

3. Maugli

Maugli Member

So basically my real Achilles is always revelaed the moment i link it with Patroclus right ??? So the main benefit of linking them is just to move them both forward as i understand ?

4. Maugli

Maugli Member

I was somehow thinking that duo+holoecho would be very powerful but it seems that taking the normal profiles (better anyway) and not linking them is the way to go.

5. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

The power in it is in making your opponent guess where Achilles really is during deployment and first turn(if he gets it). If you spread the echoes/guys out, it can make a difference. Achilles is bloody terrifying, so most of your opponents are going to want to get into a position to deal with him if they can.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  6. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Using Patroclus's Echoes as ablative armor as you move up is really handy too. Keep the known Achilles in the back of the group and use the Surprise Shot if they pick the target against. If they guess wrong then keep moving up.

7. Stevo

Stevo Member

Fireteam duo is good later in the game after Achilles has triggered Frenzy, it allows him to gain cover.

Savnock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation