1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holoprojector 2 & Liasion Officer

Discussion in 'ITS' started by xagroth, Sep 6, 2019.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Essentially this, for Kanren FO.

I think you need to place THREE markers of Liasion Officer, one on each holoecho, the same way Patroclus needs 3 markers of Team Leader if in a Fireteam with Achilles. I use this "precedent" because the LO is not a state (remember: Holoecho 2 replicates states, but not gear like tinbots, mates, or perimetrals).

This obviously removes the "you don't know it's three enemies" on the first enemy turn if you go second, but remember that, unlike a camo marker, a Holoecho can be shooted at with no need to be discovered.

The other option is to focus on the LO text calling for "a" trooper to be the LO, but that would mark the Kanren FO as an obvious target (the holoechos would be the ones with no marker).

Ideas?

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

"At the end of the Deployment Phase, in Initiative order, players must declare which troop possessing the Forward Observer Special Skill from their Army List is their Liaison Officer. The trooper chosen must be always one of the models or Markers deployed on the game table. Players are not allowed to choose troopers in Hidden Deployment. Also, troops whose Troop Type is REM are not eligible to be Liaison Officers."

I don't see any wriggle room there. You choose a trooper, and it must be ONE model or marker. If you choose all three Holoechos you haven't chosen 'one'. If you choose one of the decoy Holoechos, you haven't chosen 'the trooper'.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

As I said in the ITS11 thread, were you asked me to open a new thread, this makes no allowance for the intended use of Holoprojector, and we have some precendent on the Fireteam Duo marker being placed on all three markers.

@HellLois ? Can we get an aswer here for the Kanren FO with Holoprojector 2? Thanks a lot!

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

And? Decapitation makes no allowance for it either. That's not a rules argument.

colbrook likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation