1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with table layout

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Mourelle, May 4, 2018.

1. Mourelle

Mourelle Member

Hi guys, l already received some tips from the facebook community but Im still trying to Hi guys, Im trying to improve my gaming group tables setup.

In the past we have been playing with a lot of terrain and we noted that warbands were really really good for the point cost and was impossible to use snipers or long ranged weapons.

So we started to experiment with less terrain but now we need to find the right balance, I posting some pics from my last game.

Tips and CC are appreciated.

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#1 Mourelle, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Karmano and jherazob like this.
  2. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

Your Photobucket isn't displaying there, @Mourelle , sorry.

In any case it's good to echo the official guidelines, as well as making use of terrain rules in choice areas so that things like snipers, MSV, and Multiterrain skills can be put to general use.

3. Mourelle

Mourelle Member

Well sorry :( I will try uploading it

Attached Files:

jherazob and Magonus like this.
  4. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

Those look pretty okay, man.

Recommendations I have for you are that one side must be clearly better than the other (the official guidelines ask that one side have a "sniper tower"–this ensures a potential advantage in choosing Deployment over Turn Order). You should also move a couple pieces of scatter (cars, barrels, small boxes) on the "white" deployment side, in particular, in picture 1.

This ensures the middle is clutter-free so that Motorcycles and REMs can pass through (I have seen many tables where a REM cannot exit the Deployment Zone without jumping or climbing), as well as ensuring that you can reliably get cover for most your models in your deployment zone, without having to put everyone prone on a roof.

I see plenty of sniper opportunities there, but if Warbands are dominating, then you should remove one or two buildings (or better yet, stack them for lateral obstructions), or else rotate the orientation to 90°. I used to play on diagonals but I found this made HMGs and Snipers and Missiles to superior, generally.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation