1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Power Pack list? IA vs JSA

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Hi there! I'm back with yet another cry for help for my local league. So far so good: we took on MO (Adquisition) and OSS (Capture and Protect). Next is Power Pack against JSA and I'm kinda lost as to what to do.

I think I want a couple of Zhencha out there to push the buttons and drop a couple of mines to pinch Ninjas and the Saturation Zone + weird DZ certainly feel nice for walking in a Liu Xing... But I fear for my troops, because Oniwabans and Shinobu can just walk into those tight DZ and wreck me completely (at least that's what I feel).

Any thouoghts on that? Do you have experience playing this mission or against JSA?

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

IIRC Power pack pose some difficult DZs, forcing you to advance onto incognita zones to score off. I would think about

1. Ninja Category units.. Frankly the most annoying units in JSA falls to this one. Oniwaban, Togan, whatever. These guys are game changer, no doubt, and IA suffers from lack of real CC units counting out Hulangs. In my experience Lu Duan helps, especially considering about their lack of long range gunfighting means they will have to dive into HFT range to start picking off your precious ones. Holo L2 is fun, but its hilarious when you disguise one into Rui Shi which JSA Hate Hatee Hatees.
    2. Ryukens.. ODD SF does some annoying things. If your opponent's savvy enough, they will cover around 16' zone with their Xvis SF, quite painful to brute force around. If you can bring a LGL unit, they would dance pretty fun.
    And I strongly recommend Hac Tao. JSA got limited assets to deal with that murder incarnate, almose none when they are down with Oniwabans or a lucky Rui Shi(Made in Japan).

Joametz likes this.
  3. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

On power pack most linked AROs are worthless because of the saturation zone, which means 1-burst ARO like camo sniper/missiles are the next best thing. In IA that means daoying or hac tao. And against JSA you'll like the mines to help against oniwaban/shinobu, so yeah I'd go with 1, or even 2 daoying sniper both for DZ and long range defense.

Also you really want a chain of command for this scenario, rolling on 11 for the xenotech is way too random so Tai Sheng is pretty much an auto-include.

Knowing JSA is the opponent, I'd play with something like this:

Uprising 2
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    DĀOYĪNG (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYǑNG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 28)
    ZÚYǑNG Boarding Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 26)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I didn't bother with hacking protection considering the only hacker you'll likely face is the ninja KHD, and it free up points and spots for more useful tools.

4. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Truth be told against JSA hacking is less to be expected. Because of that I think Liu Xing will shine for you. They can drop in the back of those nasty roadblockers called Ryuken 9, tank a mine and get rid of them

As you said, for that kind of mission and opponent I would bring at least one Zencha, preferably two. I would avoid any expensive big unit because JSA are experts getting rid of such kind of targets. The only exception being the Hac Tao, which you bring if you want to punish really bad your JSA adversary. A Hac Tao HMG will be a true nightmare for your opponent as long as you don't overextend with him. Keep in mind trying to pack all these units will require for a lighter core of Zanshi.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Theoretically a Shang-Ji Assault Hacker might be a good asset to have, both against To Camo, and against ODD troops. Not to mention the Hacking Device would be useful against Samurai.
    The problem is majority/minority ARO rule, but still...

6. Joametz

I ended up concocting a list without Liu Xing because I'm almost positive my friendpponent will bring a Domaru/Tanko link (he just got them so I believe he'll be very eager to deploy them) and neither the Spitfire nor the BSG version fared well against those ARO in the calculator.

@ObviousGray I swear I built this list *before* seeing your reply lmao:

Powa Pak
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    HAC TAO (Executive Order) HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 69)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    DĀOYĪNG (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Yes, I have no links. I'm counting on the Lu Duan, Minelayer, occult Hac Tao, Rui Shi and Tai template to protect DZs. I still haven't decided if the Hac Tao should have EO, because I would be getting 2 extra orders to spend on him if he reveals in active turn, but then I lose 1 order for the last 2 turns. Anyway, I feel like the list can stand it's ground.

What do you guys think? Is it somehow blatantly flawed?

7. Mahtamori

Hmm... looks remarkably similar to a Pan-O list my Keisotsu link demolished that one time. I'm not sure you're playing to the sectorial's strengths.

You should probably expect to lose any model that doesn't end its turn in marker state and expect Tai Sheng to be chopped up by the Ninja KHD pronto.

8. Joametz

Why? She can just template the ninja. Sure, it can save ARM or dodge but it's not like she's a free target. I do think you play sectorials to take advantage of the Fireteam rules, but this time I'm just going for the invisible HMG killer, some dense DZ defense and the button pushers. Hac Tao will eat up the Domaru link and ninjas/shinobu don't like Rui Shi/Lu Duan.

I tried to put the Zhanshi link there, but the points just didn't add up.

9. Mahtamori

Ninja can also just walk around her. It's worth the extra order to kill Tai Sheng (nearly) guaranteed.

Or, you know, Neko walks up to her and offs her with 45% risk of going from 2 to 1 wounds.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation