1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Highly Classified!

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Cthulhu363, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

I've been playing Infinity for 3 years now and have never won a game of Highly Classified. I have a tournament coming up and would love to actually win this scenario.
    I'm playing vanilla CA and have every model. I would love to use a Charontid and need your help to create a decent list.
    Help me EI, you are my only hope...

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

You will spent ~80 points on a model who can accomplish 1-2 possible objectives?
    Then you have very little points left for an army with high priced models for the other 18 possible objectives.

3. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

That's what i was afraid of. I was hoping i could still use the Anathematic or Charontid and still have a good list for Highly classified.

4. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

Yaogat Hacker accomplishes way more classified objectives than a Charontid, just saying.

Cthulhu363 and Lesh' like this.
  5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Which Charontid? The Charontid HD+ can accomplish almost half of all classified objectives (technically, it can accomplish half, but let's ignore the close combat one).

Edit: this was a response to the first couple posts and not to Dice Abide, who is the best kind of correct, if you know what I mean.

6. RobertShepherd

Charontid list that can accomplish every objective (sometimes only with one troop, but if so it's usually a fast, high WIP troop):

[​IMG] Combined Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] CHARONTID Lieutenant Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 73)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] SHESKIIN Red Fury, Pulzar, D-Charges / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 51)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    [​IMG] R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)

3 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

7. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

The problem with that list is an almost complete lack of combat utility beyond 16" range. You could get boxed in with that list.

I'd sacrifice the krakots or one dat and one krakots in exchange for another, heavier troop. AD, or noctifer, etc. Use more SWC.

8. RobertShepherd

Sort of. You're not wrong that it's mostly short range, but it's got a hiqh quality HMG and red fury but more importantly it's got PHY14 smoke and WIP16 white noise. My experience is that getting truly boxed in is functionally impossible; the bigger risk is that it'll take too many orders to fully move to where you need to do your classifieds. However if you play on tables that are either quite open or have very wide fire lanes or very high sniper perches, I expect a different approach entirely would be needed.

In that case there would be nothing wrong with putting in another long range gun or a drop troop. I usually prefer Fractaa but for Highly Classified a Rasyat is probably better as he's both a veteran and packs D-Charges. I originally had him in the list but cut him for Sheshkiin because she meets the same criteria but is higher WIP and more resilient and a lot of the veteran classifieds (capture, kidnapping) require being around at end of game, which she can be very, very good at with a little work.

Also I was wrong about the list being able to do everything: it needs a sensor or MSV to do Identity Check. Whoops! You could replace bit and kiss for one but I don't love that since enemy hackers will be more common in the mission.

Razi likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation