1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help vs Ariadna

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by SPYNTBG, Mar 25, 2018.

1. SPYNTBG

SPYNTBG New Member

Hey all, I just picked up a starter set for Combined army, and my flatmate has just started playing USAriadna. We're both very new to the game, but I have some concerns...

How is Combined Army supposed to beat Ariadna? I get 6 models in 150pts, in the last game he had 11 and a camo marker (was a guy with rifle). I'm confused with how my 6 models are supposed to be equivalent to his 12, when he has double the amount of orders he can use. Last game he took a tractor remote, and killed two of my batroids without even needing LoS, and because no LoS I get - 3 to dodge, and no cover :(

I think individually, my models are slightly better than his, but he gets to spam orders and I don't... Also how am I supposed to deal with the artillery outside of getting artillery of my own? It doesn't need LoS so I can't hide and if it hits I die...

Just want to point out that atm, I only have the starter set and we've been playing a couple games of 150pts to learn the rules.

2. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

-6 because template and rem ;)

3. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

Low cost CA is always hard.
    First, if your op. wants to use katyusa, he needs to spotlight or FO ur unit, coz targeted state is a req for guided attack.
    Tractor mul is a rem, so with a CA hacker u can isolate, imm it.

4. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

at 150 points Ariadna will have a huge advantage over you. It should level out when you guys get to 300 points games, and by 400 you're the one rocking the advantage. As for how to deal with his stuff:

He plays 5 camo tokens to hide his important markers. You play 1 to kill his stuff. A single Malignos or Noctfier will be hard to remove for any ariadna player as they don't have ways to remove the TO cammo penalty and these models tend to stay very far away from flamer or chainrifle range.

Finally, shock ammo is your friend. Any of your drones can have shock ammo with the help of a hacker and the Assisted Fire program. Use this to kill off more of his models than he kills yours.

The next points are more about the metagame, so it depends a lot of what you guys play and what is the local community:

1- Play the mission. If you guys aren't playing with missions yet, do it. Notice that the ITS 9 document divides the missions into three types. Some missions will play to the strengths of a spam army, others will play to a more elite army, Varying missions means the game becomes more balanced in that.

2 - check the rules. Your opponent can't fire artillery on you if they don't mark your model first, and you can reset to stop a model from marking one of your guys.

3 - Vary your lists. If something isn't working, change it around. Increase the points of the match, play with what you can and can't do.

This should help you leverage the strengths of each army. Good luck, mate!

5. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

I've been playing combined army for a few years and Ariadna is still my bane at any point level.

Your situation is absolutely untenable.

Your first priority should be to purchase or proxy two blisters of Ikadrons. That'll give you two 9 point orders that are capable deployment zone defenders. It'll also get you two 4 point Imetrons. Now, Imetrons are bad, but if they have any place it's here at 150pts. A box of 2 remotes (the M, Q, T and R drones) can be built as 2 R drones at 8 points each. Use these cheap orders to pad up to 10 orders ASAP.

Next, learn USAriadna. I know all the models are boring and look the same, and their profiles are redundant gobbledegook of good stats, good skills and lots of equipment on a cheap budget, but with the way Ariadna can leverage their order advantage you can't afford a single case of mistaken identity. You should be able to guess what's under those camo markers and be able to respond appropriately with the right ARO at the right time.

USAriadna has high armor across the board but no BTS defense, so bring weapons that target BTS whenever you can. Breaker ammo, etc. They also have pretty good PH so they'll be dodging template weapons easily when they're not trading shots with you. Avoid these exchanges because you'll undoubtedly be risking more points.

An M drone with sensor might be a good investment to counter their camo.

Watch out for infiltrating Grunts. A heavy flamethrower just outside your deployment will ruin your day or at least force you to waste an inordinate amount of orders to minimize the amount of damage it can do to you. Deploy carefully and make sure one flamethrower won't roast multiple models.

It's an uphill battle but not an impossible task. Good luck.

Flipswitch likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation