1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me solve this riddle.

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Tabletop Jay, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Tabletop Jay

Tabletop Jay New Member

In this game I consider list building to be a riddle. You can't get it all, but that does not stop you from trying. I'm looking for suggestions on my list, or some ideas from your own for front line and frostbite. thanks.

Attached Files:

2. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

First of all... there is no universal list that will always play.
    Depending what missions you are going to play you may bring totally different lists. Also "common" table setup in your area may impact list-building.

If you could give more details it would be easier to advise...

But in general:
    > two orders in second combat group almost never works well (at least for me), maybe try to squeeze to 10 orders and one combat group? (a bit more elite)
    > I would take Karakuri with Heavy Shotgun instead the one with Combi Rifle
    > If you take Yojimbo (smoke), why not take Riu Shi as well (MSV2 - shooting through smoke), maybe instead of Husong (more MSV2)
    > I'm not sure how Keisotsu Core link is suppose to work, ML suggest rather long range ARO, but SMR go for offense
    > as far as I remember Oniwaban as Lt. will need to start in marker state otherwise you will start your game in Lose of Lieutenant state
    > I'm not sure if Hacker in link may keep supportware programs (if no you will either have 4-man link or no supportware on your REM)

3. Tabletop Jay

Tabletop Jay New Member

The list is for frostbyte and frontline

I have been playing for a few years. I know the basics. Of all the armies I have build lists for, this is the most interesting.

I chose the Karakuri with a combi because I want the range. I want to keep CC fighters as far away as possible.

I didn't have the points for a Riu Shi. I have the shock marksman to try and take advantage of the smoke.

But the Riu Shi questions brings up a lot of other issues. I can drop the list back down to 10 orders but than I would lack some support. Engineer, etc. Dropping it back to 10 makes it harder on a Rambo run, and you feel every causalities.

To me, synergies are not as present in this faction. Instead, you get very specialized units that are good at one thing. But you pay for that lack of diversity in units. For example, if your button pushed goes down midfield, you can really struggle to find another one. Much less another one that is close by.

4. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

The Mk12 is the range option. You have the Domaru and everyone in the link has Chain Rifles to discourage CC units from closing in. The Heavy Shotgun is too devastating to linked units and defensive conga lines to pass up.

5. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

Really it all depends on what your playing and who your playing against. I almost always run a killer hacker no matter the army and JSA have a great killer in the ninja. Shinobu is a great unit, that is monofilament and smoke, but you have to be willing to make the investment. A Domaru or Domaru-Tanko fireteam is a must-have as they are your best active turn units and provide backbone to your list. I also suggest looking at the JSA tactica posted.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation