1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help building a 300pt Marut list

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by HanYoLo, Jul 27, 2020.

1. HanYoLo

HanYoLo New Member

Hey there!

I haven't played for around 2 years now, but I'm looking to jump back in with some friends. I love the tag models, I love having that beefy, powerful centerpiece, and I love smoke shenanigans. How are people fitting the marut into lists these days?

I would also like to use the proxies as I was always jealous of the shenanigans they could pull off. I realize that people are building lists to suit the missions, however, I'm a slow painter, so I would like to lock in a reasonable 300 point list i could slowly paint away at.

Alternatively, is there another Tag in another faction that I should be looking at?

2. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

ALEPH──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]8 MARUT Teniente (Strategos N3) Ametralladora MULTI, Lanzallamas Pesado, Nanopulser / Arma CC AP. (3 | 120) [​IMG] KARKATA Pulso Flash / Cuchillo. (0 | 0) NAGA Hacker (Disp. de Hacker Asesino) Fusil Combi, Minas Antipersona / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 30) PROXY Mk.1 Ingeniero Fusil Combi, Nanopulser, Cargas-D / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 10) PROXY Mk.2 Hacker (Disp. de Hacker de Asalto) Escopeta de Abordaje, Nanopulser / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 21) MIRMIDÓN Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Granadas de Humo / Pistola, Arma CC AP. (0 | 16) YUDBOT Pulso Eléctrico. (0 | 3) Rebot LAMEDH Pulso Flash, Sniffer / Pulso Eléctrico. (0 | 8) Rebot LAMEDH Pulso Flash, Sniffer / Pulso Eléctrico. (0 | 8) THORAKITES (Observ. de Artillería, Visor 360º) Subfusil, Chain Rifle / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 13) THORAKITES (Observ. de Artillería, Visor 360º) Subfusil, Chain Rifle / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0 | 13) 3.5 CAP | 242 PuntosAbrir en Infinity Army

I would use this skeleton of list.
    You still have 58 points to play with another spearhead unit and a utility unit. Maybe dart/rudra and/or mk4 or even scylla instead of naga to protect from hackers, etc, etc. Also a rebot zayin plus regular hacker would be good

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Urobros likes this.
  3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

The Marut is a very strong centerpiece TAG, but with a somewhat outdated sculpt. It's probably best used in Vanilla Aleph due to smoke support, which OSS crucially lacks. You'll also want to use the LT loadout for the Strategos L3.

Posthuman proxies + 2-3 Netrods are a natural fit, because they are super points efficient and the MK1 Engineer is a premium support piece for the Marut. You have to bring at least two and there is one for every role, so just pick whatever you need.

You'll also want a few Myrmidons for their Smoke Grenades. At 16 points each, they also boast ODD, template weapons and are rather capable in CC, so they are a really nice package.

As strong as it is, the Marut will die sometimes, so you want a Chain of Command model to mitigate Loss of Lieutenant. A CoC Myrmidon Officer combines smoke utility and CoC, but they are rather expensive. A BSG Shukra Consultant is probably the best choice here, as he provides Counterintelligence as well.

With this as a baseline, you can do various different things and Vanilla Aleph is really versatile, so you can probably just fill the rest of your list with whatever you like best and ask for further advice from there:

ALEPH
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]8
    MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 120)
    [​IMG] KARKATA Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    SHUKRA (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    PROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
    PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)

4.5 SWC | 236 Points

Open in Infinity Army

If you want to go for a take all comers list with a different TAG as a centerpiece, there are a few contenders that stand out imo:

Sphynx: Resculpt is on the horizon, pretty expensive points wise but one of if not the most deadly TAG in the game. Nice foundation for a Shasvastii or vanilla CA force.

Cutter: Similar to the Sphynx, even more expensive but no up to date sculpt yet. A resculpt is confirmed and maybe even due this year.

Avatar: THE centerpiece TAG of the game and super antagonist. Gorgeous recent sculpt and great starting point to build vanilla CA around.

Maghariba Guard: Scorpion TAG with 360° tail HMG. If that isn't convincing enough, it also throws mines. Good foundation for vanilla Haqqislam or even Ramah Task Force, but probably to a lesser degree.

#3 Knauf, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Don't forget the Tikbalang, arguably the best TAG in the game for its cost. The sculpt is wonderful, but out of production.

The biggest downside to the Tik is probably that SAA likely won't be in N4 for a while, so you'd be stuck playing vanilla Pano and nobody wants that.

The Maggy is controversial. Lots of players will sing her praises. I tried to make her work, and when she does it feels great. But without any gunfighting skills (mimetism, msv, etc.), she just can't outshoot the ARO pieces that a TAG needs to be able to outshoot. I cannot recommend her.

Also just a housekeeping note, the mine dispenser Maggy is only available to Ramah, not vanilla Haqq. Also the 360 visor version is just too expensive. So playing vanilla, Maggy doesn't bring any interesting kit, just a really big gun.

5. HanYoLo

HanYoLo New Member

Awesome, thanks for all the help guys, this gives me some ideas!

I do like the Tikbalang, sphynx, and cutter quite a bit, however, I like smoke shenanigans (so no PanO) and I'm generally not a fan of the combine models.

I did play a lot of Yu Jing with the Su-Jian.

6. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Marut lists basically write themselves, you need smoke and cc so myrmidons, you want engineers and attack pieces so posthuman mk1 engy and either an FO mk5 or a mk2 sniper. Dakini HMG is a cheap gunfighter, take one. You'll want a khd to take on enemy hackers so get a naga. CoC is nifty, take a shukra. You won't have many points left after that so round out orders and add flavour

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation