1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello JSA/NA2 Forums! I have a JSA v Haqq question.

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Skyhusky, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Skyhusky

Skyhusky Well-Known Member

So, a local player in my meta usually plays...just about the same list with some variation. It's his choice, but it's a knowingly frustrating list which usually contains the following as Qapu Kalpi

2x Azrail
    1 Djanziban Sniper
    the full AVA of Yuan Yuan's
    2x Mutts of either a Jammer or a hacking device.

Each of these three pieces are on the highest points he can manage in his deployment zone, backed up by Haqq's legendarily absurd amount of doctors, with the doctors prone, and the ARO/Active pieces in cover.

The variations in this list tend to be adding in or taking out various fireteams of Ghulams/Djanziban/Odalisques.

I've tried Suprise shotting with Ninja Multis. I've tried Oniwabans, I've thrown Shinobu Kitsune, Ryuken with Heavy Rocket Launchers and Tanko with Missile launchers.

How would you guys deal with it?

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Azra'il's are Oniwaban food. CC12 no MSV. They're a lot like Mormaers in that they are very high arm, but you don't even necessarily need to be CCing him to win. Suprise shot within 8 inches and he actually can't hit you. The reason I'd opt for the regular Oniwaban here is the SMG, though the smoke on Shinobu or Saito can make them both capable of this. The most important thing with this is avoiding the Mutt coverage (though he shouldn't have these in QK?). If he's committing all of those points to ARO weaponry he's not committing them to active turn stuff so he might have the same amount of trouble coming back at sufficiently strong reactive pieces.

The Djanzaban is the opposite -- MSV2 and no visual mods on him means you can throw a straightforward high burst weapon at him. Keisotsu HMG or hell, even run a spitfire Domaru at him since you're much more likely to kill him than he is to kill you in that f2f.

The most important thing when playing against Haaq is getting them all dead, rather than mostly dead. Commiting an extra order to shoot a corpse is always an option because if you don't, that guy will be there next turn. Don't be afraid to commit an order to climb to a vantage point if it means you can kill them. The new Shock Marksman Kempeitai is pretty great for this, and CCing things to death will always be an option.

you're already shooting yourself in the foot when you spend an order on this model (or arguably take it), in my experience. It's pretty great for wasting the enemy's orders since their chances of hitting a TO model in cover can be so low, but active turn shooting with B2 BS11 will never feel really good, in my experience

This is the grossest one to deal with, and honestly I can only explain what you're "supposed" to do, which is watch the table edges, make sure guys are covering each other, and make sure a Yuan Yuan can't land anywhere where it can threaten you. (Basically the same stuff you do to Fidays.)

#2 meikyoushisui, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Skyhusky likes this.
  3. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Ghazi Muttawiah aren't available to QK. Maybe politely ask them to stop cheating? :D

4. Beardicus

Beardicus New Member

Since it hasn't been stated yet, when dealing with models with Jammers, remember that Martial Arts grants the stealth skill. This means unless his jammers have line of sight to your models he can't jam you. This allows your models to move a little more freely. Stealth also works against any ARO that doesn't require LOS such as Hacking or Change Facing.

Saves a lot of headache when dealing with the most oppressive unit profile in the game. (My opinion)

Skyhusky likes this.
  5. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Although I have not (yet) played JSA (my army is being painted up right now) I played QK and played against JSA quite a lot, so my advise shout be taken cautiously:
    Azrail: against them I recommend some CC monsters, Oniwabans are the obvious choice, monofilament is more than nasty against high ARM multiwound models.
    Djanbazan Sniper: any high-burst wepon in your active turn will make short work of them. Just make sure you are within 24' range in case you fire a Spitfire or Mk12. High burst means chances are relatively high you kill the sniper in one salvo. Marksmanship lvl 2 grants shock in addition to ignoring cover!
    Yuan Yuan... Huhh... Watch ya bax! Seriously they are easily the hardest thing to deal with on your list. Position your troopers carefully to cover each others' blind side and keep in mind that your opponent needs to be able to place the template on a flat area large enough to fit in order to land via parachute. Alternatively they can walk on the field on the edge of the table, so park a couple of your troopers close to the edge.. This limits somewhat the possible landing spots. PH-3 means a coin flip when landing with parachute. This limits their effectiveness. (Not severly, to be honest...)
    Ghazis are not as scary as they seem. (Notice that they may not be fielded in QK!) They are not a rombo but an area denial unit. (Moving them upfields will expose them to AROs and is pretty order intesnive.) Since they are a short-range threat, shooting them down from more than 9' afar is the easy way. (Stealth granted by MA is already mentioned.)
    Regarding fireteams the advice is simply to slice the pie. Apart from Djanbazans they lack MSV2. Yojimbo lays smoke for one of your MSV2 shooters and you just kill the fireteam members one by one. Kempei or Rui Shi are both viable, notice that the Kempei fires shock ammo stock and you can put Marksmanship lvl2 on the REM granting shock ammo!
    I hope this helps.

Skyhusky likes this.
  6. Skyhusky

Hmm. I might be wrong on the QK unit name? He plays a vanilla list that plays similarly, so I might be getting the two confused. Out of all the factions, Haqq is the one that I can't Identify most things on sight. So it may be that he's not cheating and I'm just mis-remembering the units he's using in QK.

7. Skyhusky

Also, I appreciate everyone's answers! I do not know why I have such a hard time against this guy with my JSA to be quite honest. I guessits just time to start fielding lists where roughly one half of the entire list is blank! Haha.

8. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Very possible considering Mutts can't take hacking devices either.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation