1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height of Impact Circular Template

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Sangarn, May 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

What is the Height of an Impact Circular Template

this quote:
    Circular Direct Template: Place the center of the Circular Template (Blast Focus) over the center of the attacker's base. All troopers affected by the Template suffer the Attack.
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Template_Weapons_and_Equipment#Impact_Template_Weapons

let me think it was ground level

ground level ?
    half Silhouette height ?
    somewhere ?

#myhopesforN4arestrong

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's centre of the target silhouette as it says, so you pick a height inside the target when you declare the attack, unless if you're shooting using Speculative Fire in which case the Blast Focus will be placed on the ground.

3. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

#3 Sangarn, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

It's over the centre of the base. So a point within the SIL at any height over the centre of the base is a common interpretation.

I can't remember if immediately over the base (so at a height of 3mm) was ruled out as an interpretation or not. That's how I certainly used to play it, but seem to recall that interpretation was ruled as wrong. @Mahtamori ?

5. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Most people play the blast focus as flat on the ground in my experience, I think because the spec fire rules say to do that. So then it makes a dome the radius of the template up.

I've seen funny looks given when it's suggested you can place it at whatever height you want on the Silhouette, though that's not exactly a rule, and the rule itself isn't very clear about vertical height.

Hopefully clarified in N4

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

From what I can remember on past rulings, the height within the silhouette has never been in dispute, particularly after the Base To Base Contact ruling changed the nomenclature of the game to have "base" mean "silhouette", but it's been Gentle-Sock-Maghriba-Agreement that you're not allowed to put the focus above (that is outside) the silhouette as the rules don't actually limit that properly.

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The vertical displacement of a circular impact template has never been formally stated.

inane.imp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation