1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having a problem with the tactical card "ricochet"

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Genesis, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Genesis

Genesis Member

We met a situation when we last play aristeia. My moonchild is standing in a smoked free space, then my opponent's major lunah wants to use the card ricochet to shoot my moonchild.
    ricochet says occupied space doesn't block line of sight to the target, and moonchild's space is truly an occupied space, but there's still smoke on her head. can lunah ignore the smoke in this situation?

#1 Genesis, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

No he can't.

This Tactic allows you to be behind another Aristo or an obstacle or a blocked space and shoot at your opponent as if you had line of sight if the "blocked space" wasn't blocked.

However, in your case, smoke rule says "every line of sight to a space with a smoke token is blocked". So in my opinion, Ricochet Tactic doesn't apply to Aristos being into Smoke or being Hidden.

To be confirmed by others, or by @-V-

3. Neengash

Neengash VaudeVille Soul
    Aristeia! Warcor

Careful, blocked spaces are not considered "occupied spaces". With ricochet you can shoot through aristos and other elements that "occupy" but not through walls.

Answering the original question:

Ricochet says "Occupied spaces do not block LoS", but since your target isn't in LoS because of smoke, it isn't a valid target for the attack.

Genesis, Barsik and Ealthril like this.
  4. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thank you @Neengash you're absolutely right, Blocked spaces are not Occupied spaces, I did a mistake looking at the art of the card lol.

5. Genesis

Genesis Member

thank you, that's really helpful.

#5 Genesis, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation