1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hatail Aelis Keesan update!

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Cothel, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

From what has been said during the JSA/Uprising videos on BoW the Dire Foes characters will be getting an update with the new book. What do we think Aelis will look like after an update? Will her Hacking Device get a change? Will Regeneration still be part of her skills?

I do hope they keep Sensor. That is one skill I really like on her. I don't use it often, but I like having it there. The Defensive Hacking Device needs to go. Either make it a White Hacking Device, or maybe a Killer Hacker just to see more tears from the other factions (we know that won't happen).

She does need a price reduction. Compared to other units who can do the same job, she is just too expensive. Most Tohaa players don't bother taking her now with Kosuils and Sukeuls. Her main claim to fame had been the one K1 Combi in the entire army. It was the only thing we had that could really handle TAGs and nasty HI. She is more expensive than the Kosuil and the same price as the Sukeul. Most players would refuse to take her unless she has sentimental value to them.

What changes would you like to see made to Aelis?

melkiach, Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  2. DeadlyOcean

DeadlyOcean SCAF Maelstrom Crew/Korean A! Manager/Sygmaa Spy;)

How about changing her DHD? anything good if she can throw away her DHD.

personally i wish CB reduce her cost and SWC. come on. 0.5 for just DHD? I don't think so.

melkiach and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  3. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

She will gain Bioimmunity, a Pitcher, and a Light Shotgun, lose Sensor, and cost 37 points.

Alkasyn and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I think we can take for granted that her DHD will be upgraded to WHD for no cost. That's nice.
    The problem is what to do with Regeneration, because it's a very expensive skill that is tied to her fluff. I don't know how to reduce her cost to make her more desirable without taking away the regen.

Thaddius, ChoTimberwolf and melkiach like this.
  5. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

That Aelis, too much points, too much skills, it's quite dificult to rework that profile without touch his "fluff" "lore" personality

And, it's 100% that they will upgrade Aelis ? or it's just a wonder?

I dream with a sexy Aelis in a sexy simbiont armour, but that's a new model, and i don't think they will resculpt that model, it's quite a pretty loverly miniature, :D

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  6. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Would be nice to turf the DHD for some Pheroware.

Cothel likes this.
  7. Magonus

Serious guess:

Hatail Aelis Keesan
    Regular, Not Impetuous
    MOV4-4 CC14 BS12 PH11 WIP14 ARM1 BTS3 W1 S2
    Equipment: White Hacker Device
    Special Skills: Pheroware T: Eraser • Regeneration • Sensor • Fireteam: Triad

AELIS KEESAN Viral Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges • Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    AELIS KEESAN K1 Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges • Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)

Lose a point of PH, ARM, and Flash Pulse. WHD and DHD go down -1 point (preferably -3 points) across the board. Regeneration and AutoMedikit go down -2 points across the board, or else stay the same price but get better. CB has to know by now that people avoid those skills like the plague.

8. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

lol, Pheroware tactic on Aelis, this is really a good idea, i didn't thought on that point of view,

9. spears

spears Well-Known Member

I think she needs pistol, pistol, viral pistol in addition to her rifle.
    Whd needs to protect against hacking attacks on troopers in zoc.

10. Arloid

Arloid Well-Known Member

I'm with @Magonus on this one, but maybe replace Pheroware T: Eraser with Mirrorball to make Aelis a counter against msv?

Henshini and Cothel like this.
  11. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I like the Mirrorball idea. It's a very situational ability and not really that over powered.

Henshini, ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  12. Magonus

I chose Eraser because otherwise she cannot directly interfere with enemy Hackers, and Eraser is B1 and has less potential for abuse than say Pandemonium.

We already have counter to MSV: Makauls. ;)

#12 Magonus, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  13. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I took the comment by Bostria to mean the missions were getting reworked for the Uprising book, not the characters.

Teslarod likes this.
  14. Magonus

I don't know what to make of any of their comments, to be frank. Chaksa Sectorial. Exalted Sectorial. Tohaa Year. Not Tohaa Year. Buy another box of Kaeltars. No don't, they're still AVA2. Triumvirate Sectorial. Merc Tohaa Sectorial. No Sectorial, you're already a Sectorial. Tohaa Sectorial 2019.

They're just playing it by ear.

15. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

This entire thread was just pure hope. If I morphed into my true Tohaa player form I would have made the subject something about how everyone else's Dire Foes characters were being updated, but we were being left out. And then something about a Sakiel Box.

CoveredInFish, borings and DukeofEarl like this.
  16. Arloid

Arloid Well-Known Member

I feel we have more room to improve our hacking game in the future then say our sensor game and specifically Sensor: Triangulated Fire.
    Say Aelis is facing a 5 man link of msv troopers, she can drop down a Mirrorball, get a sakiel to drop a Nimbus Plus Grenade and take position in Cover for a total modifier of -15 and ignoring the extra burst of the linkteam. Let's say she is facing a Fireteam of Riot Grrls, -15 plus 3 for range is -12 making for a total bs of 1 against her 9. Neutralising most msv troopers. She is also one of the few models with Sensor to have interesting weapons bar Yu Jing.

Besides, makauls are great, but if you're opponent wants it you're not gonna get close to that fireteam watching half the board.

17. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

Yeah I got really salty about the buy another box of Kaeltar... That was dumb. Like they knew we weren't getting Taquel for ages and they wanted us to sub it in...

18. the huanglong

Doesn't Aelis carry three pistols? I'd like to see that represented somehow. 3 weapon bonus when?

19. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

She will be nicer!

20. the huanglong

Spill!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation