1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hannibal Barca of Carthaginian

Discussion in 'Soldiers of Fortune' started by sololobo, Nov 29, 2018.

1. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Hannibal of Carthage is my de-facto favorite hero of ancient times. The Roman scourge. A man who killed 80 thousand Romans in one day! More men were killed with spears and swords than all of the Vietnam war in ONE day! He was a strategic, operational, and tactical genius. So, I was intrigued when I saw a character named Hannibal in Aristeia. Then, when I read his card and tactics I was like, "Did CB create a character off of Hannibal Barca?!" Because, the current why Hannibal plays sure seems like he is a tactical genius on the game board. :)

Only CB staff will know this answer.

And, I know the Infinity game has a few characters that hearken back to ancient times in the faction called Aleph. And, I'm thinking Aleph is the one in charge of Aristeia fluff wise. But, I haven't had the chance to read all the fluff yet.

2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

The cigar, the "I love it when a plan comes together" tagline, Merc team leader position. I think he's actually a reference to John 'Hannibal' Smith, from the A-Team TV-Show.

3. tartopom

tartopom Well-Known Member

4. tartopom

Code:
    <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l3vR6aasfs0Ae3qdG" width="480" height="397" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/80s-hannibal-the-a-team-l3vR6aasfs0Ae3qdG">via GIPHY</a></p>

5. tartopom

Sorry admins, I screwed up. And I can't find how to edit or delete my posts. Feel free to clear the thread.

6. sololobo

@treiral

"It all makes sense now" lol Ah man, I was so betting I had that one right! Whelp, I'm hoping CB will one day release a model after the famed general. :)

@tartopom

You are so right! I finally found some content on youtube that isn't CB discussing the game and they were discussing the announcers and the hilarity ensued.

tartopom likes this.
  7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

At some point, when we started to work on Aristeia! Project, the Development Team was called The Aristeia! Team, The A-Team. With that joke in mind, we couldn't get out John "Hannibal" Smith when developing that Leader Profile for a bunch of Mercs who has to deal with a crazy mind like Massacre. So we decided to homage one of our childhood heroes.

:wink:

8. sololobo

That is just too damn awesome!!! That is all :)

9. knlghth00d

knlghth00d KNlGHTH00D

Love the fact that CB just makes stuff which is straight up cool and fun!

10. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Thank you! We do our best!

:wink:

A Mão Esquerda and knlghth00d like this.
  11. Stompburger

Stompburger Member

Good news though - John 'Hannibal' Smith is named after Hannibal of Carthage, so in a way you are right after all! :smile:

From wikipedia:
    "Smith takes his name from the famous military commander and strategist, as alluded to by B. A. Baracus in the same episode; various items of tie-in literature for the series commented that just as the original Hannibal had led the elephants over the Alps, this Hannibal had led his men over the wall of Fort Bragg after they were wrongly arrested."

12. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Came here to make this point, am glad that someone beat me to it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation