1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacking in N4, how does it work?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Icchan, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

I've read the rules but I don't understand the criteria for granting AROs in Hacking Areas.
    In one of the examples, a Shrouded Hacker activates with an Idle, and every enemy troop within the Shrouded's hacking area is granted an ARO. Why? What kind of AROs?
    Can hackers now Dodge if something (anything) activates within their hacking area?

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The Dodge would fail unless the enemy is in ZoC, as you have failed to fulfil the Requirements for Dodge.

3. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Everyone in the shrouded's ZoC is eligible to Reset, hackers may have more options.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement with Icchan. I can't find why the Knight of Justice is forced to declare an ARO, as far as I can tell they had none. (Reset, just like Dodge, is valid if you have a "Valid ARO" or unlike Dodge if you are attacked by a Comms/Hacking attack - at point of Reset declaration, the Knight of Justice wasn't attacked and if they had a valid ARO they could've Dodged just fine)

5. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

Does Stealth work in Hacking Areas, when the user is out of LoF and out of ZoC?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation