1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hack transport aircraft and aro.

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by spears, Aug 15, 2019.

1. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Scenario: I use ad combat jump to land or scatter directly in front of a hacker without SSl1 that has the Hack transport aircraft program.

If the hacker chooses not to hack transport aircraft do they forfeit the ability to shoot when I land in front of them.

I'm fairly certain the answer is yes but it feels so janky I thought it would be worth clarifying.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

This has been asked several times, the answer is the same each time.

Yes, they lose their ARO. Sixth Sense won't help them because the trooper hasn't landed until after Airborne Deployment vs Hack Transport Aircraft has resolved.
    The rules for ARO is that you need to declare it "immediately after the Active Player declares his Entire Order or the first Short Skill of his Order", by necessity this is before Airborne Deployment is resolved and before the Airborne Deployment trooper has landed for the Hacker.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can get an example of this added, either to HTA or Explode LX (because everyone's initial reaction to this rules interaction is "Goomba Stomp the hacker!!! :laughing::smiling_imp:" ). Actually, might be good to stick it in Fireteams or Sixth Sense L2, also. Or maybe all of them.

@ijw , can we get an in-game example of this interaction added somewhere in the Wiki? Liu Xing drops in on a hacker in a link team?

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Or, even better, we can get it clarified that this *isn't* the case in an FAQ or whatever, because it's a stupid interaction.

@spears The rules on this are unclear and there's been no official CB stance on the topic.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The rules are pretty clear in their implications, but you are correct that it is not explicitly stated anywhere.
    AROs are use-or-lose, so if you have the ability to declare Hack Transport Aircraft you should not be able to declare an ARO when the AD trooper lands.​

You seem to be the only person continuing harping that you disagree with it, Hecaton. Everyone else is, "wait, really?!?" ijw says "yes, really", and we move on.

But honestly, at this point, I'm hoping this is on CB's list of "things to clean up in N4".

chromedog, Reece, Mahtamori and 4 others like this.
  6. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

I just recently started using Liu Xing. My question on the timing, do they have to declare Hack Transport Aircraft before I have to choose my landing spot?

This actually matters for all AD hackers, not just the falling HI.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Hack Transport Aircraft is declared after the AD Trooper has chosen their target landing spot, but before they roll to see if they land on target.

8. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

The problem has been added to the unsolved question list a few month ago (https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/unsolved-question-list.26932/) :

Original topic : https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/explode-lx-timing.26092/ (topic related to ARO timing vs AD Combat Jump)

Situation : Diomedes use AIRBORNE DEPLOYMENT LEVEL 4. COMBAT JUMP to land near an interventor. The interventor can use Hack Transport Aircraft to ARO. Can he forego Hack Transport Aircraft to use another ARO once Diomedes final position is determined ?

1. No. The following sequence must be applied so the hacker who forgo the use of Hack Transport Aircraft cannot AOR
    a.Declare AD: Combat Jump and the desired location.
    b.'First' ARO step, Hackers that have the right Program can declare Hack Transport Aircraft.
    c.Make the PH Roll for Combat Jump (as a Face to Face if there are any Hack Transport Aircraft AROs).
    d.Determine actual landing position of the AD trooper, and place the template for Explode X.
    e.'Second' ARO step, AROs are now generated for everyone else, based on the trooper's actual landing location.
    2. Yes

Feek free to complete the description

Hecaton and Section9 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation