1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guts Roll while in Trigger Area

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by tox, Jul 19, 2018.

1. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

A model is within the Trigger Area of an enemy mine.
    He is attacked from outside ZoC and LoF (has no ARO) and survives (or simply doesn't declare a ARO, if you prefer).

What happens if i choose to fail the Guts Roll? Does the mine triggers?

I think NO because Guts Roll resolution is not an Order or ARO, but i didn't find anything...

Keyrott likes this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I agree, the trooper hasn't been activated by Order or ARO.

Hecaton likes this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The requirement isn't to be activated it's to declare or execute. I'd argue that resolving Guts is still part of executing the order.

-----

Assuming I'm wrong though:

What about a Trooper who took a hit and failed their Guts and entered a Trigger Area?

Does this change if they're the active Trooper or had previously been activated in ARO that Order?

I'm guessing my previous answer* was wrong and the actual answer is "No, because the ARO / Order isn't executed inside the Trigger Area".

* https://forum.corvusbelli.com/index.php?posts/119813/

4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Lets say the mine does activate.

Here's an even nuttier question: Let's say the model that failed his guts roll and unknowingly moved 2 inches into a mine declared Dodge as his ARO against the enemy trooper – and rolled a 1, not enough to win the FtF, but a success none the less. Would this dodge count for dodging the mine? or has this roll already passed in time and the activated mine hits the trooper?

5. inane.imp

Explode covers this. You'd take the Template to the face.

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I don't agree, because Guts moves can be made by troopers that haven't declared or executed an Order or ARO at all. For example getting shot from behind from outside ZoC.

Also, for what it's worth, the wording was intentionally changed from N2, where entering the area of effect of the Mine could trigger it, regardless of Orders or AROs.

Hecaton and inane.imp like this.
  7. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

While I believe you, I'm not seeing anything that indicates this. can you clarify? is it just because it specifies "End of the Order"?

Attached Files:

8. inane.imp

#8 inane.imp, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  9. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

If a model is outside the trigger area and declares a Dodge inside the trigger area, the mine goes off but is dodged (or doesn't trigger at all if the roll is failed).
    It is covered by the rules. See the examples in the Mines page, please.

Guts rolls are outside the normal order/ARO expenditure sequence, i really think that the "guts move" should not trigger mines or perimeter.

10. inane.imp

That's increasingly looking like the consensus and is explicitly how @ijw reads it so it's good enough for me.

11. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hi,

Guts fail and his movement don't activate mines:

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Mines#Trigger_Area
    Once on the game table, Mines must trigger when an enemy figure or Marker declares or executes an Order or ARO inside their Trigger Area.

Mines only are activated when a model do a Order or a ARO inside the Trigger Area. And fails Guts rolls is none of them. No more no less :) So, you can fail your guts roll, take covert and go inside the area of the enemy mine (and now probably you have two problems, an enemy troop wich want to hunt you and a mine so close than you can't scape XD hehehehe)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation