1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings new friends!

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Skyhusky, May 3, 2019.

1. Skyhusky

Skyhusky Well-Known Member

Mostly experienced player here, but I've never played a Haqqislam faction before. After a few mishaps with IRL shenanigans, my local group is starting a league to help new players and refresh some older players who have returned, I'm playing Spiral Corps and Hassassin Bahram (Hassassin's for the league.)

An entire year of Hassassins awaits! But, I have a question. For the first week or so of the league, I'd like to take things a bit slow and easy. I've been thinking of using a Govad Link as sort of a core link to build my list around, but would you guys suggest I use Ghulams instead with a sprinkling of actual Hassassins?

The Muyib and Lasiq link seem a little too aggressive for a starter league.

yoink101 likes this.
  2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Govads are pretty good IMO, they instantly bring you MSV which you will probably find to be Very Useful. Ghulams are good too cos they're cheap but you'll want Leila Sharif to go with them probably, for a full core! Personally I like defensive core links and offensive Haris teams/solo operators so I'd go with the generally awesome Ghulams+Leila and perhaps a Haris of Govads?

3. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I’m just starting hassassins as well. So far, in my massive backlog of experience (1 game with hassassins, although I have been playing infinity for some time) I really like the Ghulam link. It fits my playstyle though. I don’t like advancing core teams up the table because it’s risking so many points/orders.

In other armies, I like to use units like Lasiqs and Govads as aggressive solo pieces. In this case, the Govad hmg and either variety of Lasiq could move up opposite sides of the table to catch models in their deadly crossfire.

That being said, nothing is bad about a Fireteam of elite veterans. Having a hacker in a core team will negate stealth of any tricky AD or infiltrating hackers trying to get at your...well, I guess your Asawira? MSV1 is a solid equalizer without being as overpriced as MSV2. Plus, you can add Leila, Avicenna, or the other to your team to mix things up.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation