1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from the Bay Area

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Ravness, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Ravness

Ravness Member

New'ish player to Infinity(not to table top in general though). About two years ago I stumbled upon Infinity while getting out of selling off minis from another game I played(I had moved and wanted to pick up a new game since I couldn't play the previous one with the same people any more). At that time I mass bought a lot of minis for JSA and Bakunin, then life got busy with work and I never had the time to really paint them or play.

Skip ahead to present day, things have slowed down a lot due to covid and what not, so I decided to finally crack open the boxes of minis I've had sitting in storage and do more research into lists. This of course resulted in me realizing there was still a lot of minis I would want/need that I didn't own(I have 1100 points of Bakunin, 1100 points of JSA, 450'ish points of Qapu Khalqi, and 300-400 points of Mercs in total now, lol). I also ended up getting a full set of stuff out of MDF(Northern Lights and Table Top Scenics stuff) to do a full table(I've never worked with MDF scenery before so not sure what to expect as in the past I've only used resin/foam core scenery, so should be a learning experience). Also decided to switch paint brands and try something new out in that regard as well(used Vallejo in the past, which I liked, but I wanted to branch out and give something new a try this time).

The above seems and probably is a bit overkill on what the average player gets/uses for Infinity but I enjoy painting as much as playing minis games, and usually approach said games as a collector and try to get most minis of factions I play just to paint them. Having the extra options for list builds is probably a handy bonus as well I suppose.

Hopefully this winter and into next year I can get things painted up and playable(I haven't painted much in the past 3-4 years or so, so my skills are probably rusty and is gonna take some time to get back into the swing of things). Then when covid eventually ends and life goes back to normal I can play at some of the local events in the bay area(CA) and run into some of you guys.

Could use any advice on working with MDF terrain or playing/list building for JSA/Bakunin(as those are the two I want to play competitively, Qapu Khalqi/Mercs stuff were just extras for my brother to use for practice games at home).

Koin-Koin likes this.
  2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Welcome.
    You may find information about MDF in the "Fan Zone/Scenery" sub-forum. A quick search should gives you answers to most of your questions but feel free to open a new thread to get extra feedback.

Ravness likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation