1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings From Asheville NC, Citizens

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Space Ghost, Jan 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Well-Known Member

(This has been copied from the old forums, which I only joined in September. While I've linked up with a group of players in Charlotte since then, I'm still looking for other Infinity players here in Asheville.)

Greeting Citizens. Are you getting enough oxygen? (That’s a Space Ghost joke.)

I’m a 40K refugee who’s been lurking here for over two years. In that time I’ve slowly painted up almost two dozen Imperial Service minis – I love their fluff and think they look great. (The Hsien from the old IS starter is the epitome of Bad Ass IMO, Wu Ming are a perfect science fiction take on the Dirty Dozen, and the poor Kuang Shi are just hilarious.) And the fact that CB actually listened to its fanbase and fixed the gameplay problems IS had is just icing on the cake – I’ve been waiting years for GW to do the same for my Chaos Space Marines. So now that I’ve retired and moved to Asheville NC, USA I figure it’s time to register, meet some other Infinity players, and get my guys and gals in orange onto the tabletop to dispense some justice for the Emperor.

Cheers and Happy New Year – SG

P.S. My thanks to the folks in the (old) Yu Jing sub-forum who turned me on to the Judge Dee book series - it's a really cool, Chinese version of Sherlock Holmes, which also does a great job of capturing the feel of Imperial justice.

2. Kainsaw

Kainsaw Special Safeguard, megastructure provisional level

It was great seeing you at the tournament this weekend!

For the rest of you, we played 300 point Frontline, his ISS vs my Vanilla YuJing. He took the midfield at the beginning, removing both my Ruishi and my TR HMG bot. But then overextended with his Crane link, and I was able to squeak out control of the middle objective zone by sniping his pieces one by one with the Hsien HMG. It was close! I think if we went more than one round against each other you would have turned the tables on me.

Your madtrap models are inspiring. He has these robotic dogs/chinese lions painted in a coppery bronze that match the rest of his color scheme. Fluffwise, it's way better than the bipedal goats that CB provides. It was easy to picture the hounds chomping down on their target and then exploding in rapidly expanding cement.

3. LemmyCaution

LemmyCaution New Member

Hi! I live in Asheville and just recently jumped into Infinity with the Onyx box. Finishing up assembling and priming them tomorrow then I just have to wait until my paint arrives in the post (I'm new to the hobby as a whole) before I paint them up.

Maybe we could get a game in at the FLGS sometime? I'm centrally located so that would be pretty easy spot for me and I can check what nights would be available there soon when I pick up a few Citadel washes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#3 LemmyCaution, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  4. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    Our group (Charlotte Area Infinity) connects with every meta in North and South Carolina every quarter to run an ITS event, the next one is this weekend with players from Both states attending.

It will be at the Mighty Meeple, Sat the 25th. Starts at 12 PM, If you would like to day trip down and take a look you are more than welcome!

5. LemmyCaution

LemmyCaution New Member

I'd love to since the tourney scene was a big draw to Infinity over other systems -- plus you can't go wrong with cyberpunk!

That might be a little bit too soon to make plans for, but in the future do you have any place where I can look out for events?

6. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

If you are on FB, search for "ITS Legal NC" "Greater Charlotte Infinity the Game" and "WGC Infinity"

We post our weekly meet ups and announce events there.

Have not made many posts on the main forum, but will add that to our annoucement locations for future events.

Our next event is likely in October.

7. LemmyCaution

LemmyCaution New Member

Thanks! I sent a join request to those groups. Hopefully I'll catch you guys in October.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Well-Known Member

Lemmy: Greetings! Getting together here in Asheville so that you can test drive your Onyx box is definitely doable. Our FLGS is the Wyvern's Tale, on Merrimon Ave. in North Asheville and I've played Infinity there before. The only sticking point is that the shop is fairly small and getting a table there can sometimes be tricky, particularly on Saturdays. That said, it's a very nice/friendly place and with enough advance notice I'm sure we can work something out. Feel free to zap me your thoughts here (via a reply or PM,) or I can also look for you on the FB groups dlfleetw mentioned. Cheers - SG

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation