1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got caught in the Hexadome - need help to get my friends into it as well!

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Romsch, May 4, 2019.

1. Romsch

Romsch New Member

Hello together,

I had an Aristeia! Demo game recently and was totally blown away by it.
    Was really a blast to play and so I bought the Core Box, Human Fate, Smoke & Mirrors and Soldiers of Fortune right after it! :D

I now wanna get my sister and her friend to play it as well so I'm thinking of building 3 Teams out of this boxes that are nearly even.. So we can play some scenarios and practice the game before going into it deeper.

I wanna keep Prysm for myself as she is my favorite character because she looks like a female Super Saiyan Vegeta to me :D
    I also wanna use Major Lunah cause I played her in the Demo Game and really liked her.
    Bixie looks like a lot of fun so I think I will keep her too.
    And the last place I would use Kozmo or Hannibal.
    Did not decide on them yet. Depends if one of the 2 would make a better use for one of the other 2 teams..

So the rest would be free to use for my sister and her friend.
    My sister loves Deadpool so Massacre is for her.
    And her friend played JSA when he played Infinity so I would reserve Mushashi for him.
    But which models make good teams for them?
    Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help! :)

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed learning more about the synergies of the characters by watching some of the games posted on Youtube especially over the lasts months. My friend @Tribulus and I did some on Vissiorama Presents. The New Zealand folks have Tempest Hexadome and the latest from Shamless Mayhem in Hawaii are good. If you can understand some Spanish Ecos del Hexadome might be the best channel of all.
    Given that the current 26 characters give almost 15,000 combinations It is difficult to answer your question comprehensively. Find your own comfortable play style and roll dice. This game has a fair amount of luck, even the best players will win about 80% of their games against other experienced players.

3. Romsch

Romsch New Member

Hello, thanks for you answer.
    Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish and are very limited with my time at the moment but I will try to check out the stated channels soon! Sounds really tempting!

I just wanted to know which Chars play well with the stated Characters so we have nearly even balanced teams and can play a few games and practice the rules before trying out all the combinations :)

I think for Mushashi I will go with the Team mentioned in the Intro Game.

And for Massacre.. Don't know.. I thought maybe I'll pair him up with Parvati, Maximus and Mendoza?

4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

In my opinion the design of this game has been different from the start from many other games that use miniatures. The business model of many competitors seems to be to introduce new models and new rules in a never ending "arms race" so that serious players feel compelled to open their wallets frequently. On the other hand, one of the best players in the USA, Lacy Cooke, was winning tournaments consistently with the Core characters and the occasional introduction of Valkyrie. Now with so many combinations even the top players may be surprised by a synergy that had not yet seen. This game works extremely well among friends in a casual setting, as well, especially well lubricated by a beverage of your choice.

5. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

For your Prysm, Lunah, Bixie, I'd add Laxmee here. You need some status removal, and Laxmee provides both status removal and :K:focused status that also doubles to increase your switches with Prysm, Lunah's Suppressive fire, and Bixie.

Keep in mind that the boxes are already actually pretty solid teams on their own.
    For your sister, I'm going full X-Force: Sr. Massacre as Deadpool, Wild Bill as Fantomex, Hannibal as Cable, and Parvati as Archangel.
    I know it's not perfect but I think it works. I wanted to include Eclypse as Psylocke, but Parvati got better synergy in your team, and both would be overkill. I also wanted Hammerhead for Cannonball, but you don't have it. And Laxmee would be great as Domino, but she works better in your team than in this one. That said, if you include Laxmee in this team, I'd also recommend swapping Parvati for Eclypse.
    Edit: As a friend said to me, Murtair as Wolverine makes perfect sense in this setup.

Last team: Mushashi is a great starting point. Next we need something to sore up his greatest weak point, his mobility. Eclypse is in. This is great because Eclypse can also singlehandlely :S:Dazzle, and/or :O:Hide Mushashi so your enemies don't see him coming. My next stop is going to be Dart. She benefits from Eclypse's :S:Dazzling and :J:Marking abilities, while also covers up Mushashi from a distance. Her Surprise Factor also works with both Mushashi and herself, so that's a plus. Finally, I think this team needs a tank. You could pick either Maximus for total defense, 8-Ball to bully your opponents out of the scoring zones (or next to Mushashi), Kozmo to fully control the LoS of your opponent while you are already :J:marking them, and Valkyrie, given Eclypse's Moon's cycle to control their :G:immobilized team while also being excellent heavy hitter. Your choice really, all of them are fine picks, personally I love 8-Ball.

#5 treiral, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  6. Romsch

Romsch New Member

Thank you very much you 2! :D
    I really can't wait to play it again!
    It's the first time for a long time I'm really hyped for a game after a demo!

I hope I can get some of my friends into it as well.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation