1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting into...

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by DAE, Jul 6, 2018.

1. DAE

DAE Member

If someone was to look at getting into Tohaa as their faction, what would you recommend for them in terms of troops (sets, singles)?
    Starting off at 150 and up to 300

2. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

the 300pt pack and sukeuls probably would be my advice if you want to know which Units are good: Sukeul, Kaeltar, Makaul, Clipsos, Gao-Rael Sniper are nearly in all my lists

#2 ChoTimberwolf, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    P-Chan likes this.
  3. Quirk

Quirk squirrel
    Warcor

I second ChoTimberwolfs list of particularly good units. And I would like to add my personal favourites Rasail and Sakiel. The latter not being flashy and shiny at all but just a plain 2 wound unit with nice gear (vrifle, nullifier, lrl, ...) for a WTF-level low amount of points.

P-Chan likes this.
  4. ChoTimberwolf

I agree with Quirk these two are also really awesome but when we need to add the kotail because he is so much fun ;) Maybe we should list units that aren't really important and really situational like hatail aelis keesan and our glorious TAG the Gorgos ;)

5. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

If you can still find the 300 point box, jump on it. It's an awesome deal, but it's also not being made anymore. It is still available at some stores if you look hard enough.

I'd also suggest getting the Chaksa Auxiliars soon, but not first. They are excellent support units. The Heavy Flamethrower/Baggage version are one of our cheapest units, have sensor for those pesky camo units, and count for bonus points when holding objectives. Another trick that is possible, but almost never used with this unit is Triangulated Fire. Sure it's a little dumb to spend an order on it in 99% of the cases, but imagine that it's the only unit that can see something that must die and you are on your last order. The target is just under 24" away. Why would anyone shoot a pistol at that range? Well, with Triangulated fire you get to roll on 8s. No bonus or penalty applied. Sure it's a silly corner case that would almost never happen, but if it did, you got the tool.

SENSOR: TRIANGULATED FIRE ENTIRE ORDER
    BS Attack, Optional.
    REQUIREMENTS
    • The user must have the Sensor Special Skill.
    • The user must also have LoF to the target.
    EFFECTS
    • Allows the user to declare a BS Attack with one of his BS Weapons against a target within LoF by making a BS-3 Roll, ignoring all other applicable MODs (Range, Cover, Special Skills such as Camouflage, TO, ODD...).

In addition you get a Burst 4 HMG in ARO and a Smart Rocket Launcher. I've had the Chaksa with Rocket launcher cause opponents to rethink their tactics because they didn't want to take the chance of burning to a crisp. Sure the Chaksa do not have the highest BS in the game, but they are cheap and will often eat opponent's orders or take out things that cost much more than they do.

I'm sure everyone has heard about the time my Chaksa burnt off the ODD and damaged an Avatar... :)

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

If I may get the Rasial boarding team. You can always use the Chaska as baggage if you arnt running them as a team.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  7. ChoTimberwolf

I agree with wombat I used for half a year the rasail chaksas as auxiliar proxy so would advice to get the rasail first, you rarely need all four chaksas although now I wanna try it and while the smart rocket launcher is not bad as an additional aro piece using the guided mode won't probably worth it cause it takes to many orders to highlight an enemy, only intresting if you can get a bunch of enemies with one shot

8. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

The Gorgos is ugly as the night is dark. Hope there will be a resculpting in the next year's. It's like Master Blaster (Mad Max) in a single person.

Ginrei likes this.
  9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Nope. It's pretty.

Magonus and Cothel like this.
  10. ChoTimberwolf

I like the Gorgos, he is simply a bit weak in comparision to the other TAGs in the game, getting hit by a heavy flamer=high chance of instantly loosing the whole TAG...gladly my oponnents so far forgot that part...and we need to get close thanks to a spitfire so not so hard to get a flamer on Gorgos...

11. DAE

DAE Member

Thanks for the info so far gang.

When it comes to playing Tohaa, how are they for the learning curve?

I've read the Tohaa sticky in this forum, sounds like they're a little tricky to use.

12. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I started with Tohaa and found it fine. It's easier because you don't need to learn hacking at all if you don't want!

Apparently some people think triads are hard to learn. They are not.

13. Wombat85

They are hard to learn to use well. An experanced player will brutally dismantel them with ease.

14. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Share some secrets please!

15. Wombat85

Im still learning how to use them best, I have plenty of experience pulling them apart. Smoke/shoot MSV2 is still the strongest way to handle them, as 3 man has no SSL2 they are little better then solo pieces. The biggest thing when handeling them is learning how/when to break and reform using different team members, this is especially important for avoiding aro's and changing the attack vector.

Golem2God, Zsolt and Abrilete like this.
  16. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

If you didn't find it already, here's the lonelyartichoke from (I forgot his nickname here)

Zsolt likes this.
  17. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

Very fews tips for newcomers (sorry for my english :/)

First, welcome !

You need not to forget to spread your triads before your reactive turn and to be very carefull with all direct template weapon. check who has a Chain rifle or HFlameThrower and boarding shotgun before starting to play

Don't rush too deep toward enemy's deploiement zone with a triad without any back up. In that case even a 6 pts highlander can take off your triad. It's like in chess protect your pawn with the bishop.10 pts Chaksa sensor with HFT or Kaauri sentinels are great to protect your progression. your can coordinate orders with them to create a good surrounding for your triads. if you back your triads you can also do it with some snipers (put some symbio-mates on the snipers which are protecting your triads to ear your ennemy whinning about tohaa unbalanced abilities just because it makes them really resilient :p)

The rest, it's only few easy rules to learn. Phracking (hacking trooper with wound attribut with symbiobomb) is pretty cool and easy to learn :) And as said before, you don't have to focus on hacking things. When you use a gorgos or an Ectros you can use haelis (KHD) or nullifier to avoid any troubles.

When I started Tohaa i used to try to look for a killing spree and then think about the objective, but tohaa are really effective in making objective. I took a long time understanding that sometimes one or two smokes doing an objective and defending is enough to win.

#17 Aemaru, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Golem2God, Zsolt and Abrilete like this.
  18. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Then please share those details, it’s important to know how we can be countered.

19. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Teamplates, having several troops grouped together with low ARM and average PH to dodge, a single Warband that gets close (or a camo with a Shotgun) is very dangerous.

Zsolt likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation