1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General purpose it's list

Discussion in 'O-12' started by MikeWy, Oct 1, 2020.

1. MikeWy

MikeWy Well-Known Member

I am struggling a bit to make decent lists with enough special units for its mission button pushing whilst not losing too much firepower.

I appreciate each mission is different but does anyone have a list that works with most scenarios? One with plenty of teeth but also an adequate number of button pushers?

Thank you.

2. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

One of the great things about infinity is most things _can_ work, as long as you build/play with your gameplan in mind. Also, most ITS events allow for two lists to give you the ability to change lists to solve different problems (problems being missions, opposing armies, and board layouts).

Since we just started a new edition of the game a week ago, no one knows for certain what will be strong at this point. that said, some general thoughts:

try max out your "currency" where you can (orders, wounds, points, and swc).

think about what you need to achieve in each turn. then, just do that. don't get focused on killing the other guy (unless that's the mission).

o-12 is pretty good at most things (B+, not A+), but pricey and light on toolkit units. that means you wont have as much redundancy as some other armies.

information is key - make use of hidden deployment and AD where you can to surprise your opponent. O-12 is pretty straightforward, so you'll only get one or two shots at that.

use your command tokens. if you have leftovers, you should have done something different.

you will have a lot of vis mods in o-12. remove their visors to protect your attack pieces.

i tend to think reset, discover, and suppressive fire are often traps. others disagree with me. ymmv.

MikeWy likes this.
  3. Captain_Rose

Captain_Rose Well-Known Member
    Warcor

As said above, doing the right thing is a judgement call that often comes with experience of playing your list. In the past I've tended to flit around a lot and play all the factions, but for at least the early part of N4 O-12 is my jam.

I've been looking at lot at what tools we've got. There's obviously missions that need a more specific build and we don't know what Season 12 will bring but if we assume you've got basically three types of missions:

(1) Push the button and keep it
    (2) Hold zones
    (3) Kill

We've got some pretty good options. Any form of deployment skill can be really handy when playing the mission and we have some super options:

Team Sirrius Forward Deployment 8" & can be Forward Observer or Hacker, with the Sidebot as a Repeater on both options.
    Delta Combat Jump or Parachutist - Doctor, Hacker or Forward Observer.
    Razor - infilration and hidden deployment, hacker or forward observer.
    Gangbusters - infiltration killer hacker
    Andromeda forward deployment 8" or infiltration option.
    Crushers - Forward Deployment 8" and Combat jump options

Any combination of these are great options. The availability of our forward observers with deployment skills is great. Guided is a really strong skill now so the combination of a combat jumping Crusher with a Millicent Copperbot is probably going to be a staple of my lists for the early part of N4 at least.

Andromeda is a lot better than she might look at first glance. She can use her D-Charges as a close combat attack in her Zone of Control now (with LoF to the enemy) which is incredible as an ARO piece protecting an objective or holding down a zone.

The Gangbusters with Madtraps are not as good as they were in N3, but they work, and can button push and hold the fort down afterwards.

All of these work for all three different designs of mission: They can walk on in the zones you need to add points and shoot some unsuspecting enemy in the back. They can come on where you need to push that button or get real favourable shots in the kill missions.

If you're playing Vanilla, you could have a list really using a lot of these - 4-8, but beware of the amount of orders you have on the table. There are so many options of all-comers O-12 lists. Starmada benefit from being able to take links and you can do some real nice things with mixed links of betatroopers, Pavarti, Bronzes, Hector, etc.

Hope that helped a bit, but if you want to posts some lists, happy to give me thoughts (for what they're worth!).

ED

LucaGirolami and MikeWy like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation