1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forté's really slow Invincible Army

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Forté, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Finally started putting together the start of an IA force. I'm not really one for painting lots of minis or repeating schemes (been about 4 years since painting for gaming) so aiming to try and keep these more to recipe type painting than my usual loads of colour mixing painting.

20190411_102908_resized.jpg
    Not fully assembled the figures as I think I'll paint the dark layers first, then assemble, then paint up to the highlights.

The bases still need a clean up once the Milliput has cured. Tried out the Green Stuff World rollers for the first time. Think I need a different putty than Milliput in future though. And maybe the round cutters.
    20190408_105847_resized.jpg

Planning on the Tong Shi scheme as I like the little bit of fluff and reckon they'll look good in red too.
    20190407_144541_resized.jpg

Hopefully it won't be ages until I post an update. Always have multiple projects on the go.

Cheers for looking :grinning::+1:

2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Have used them even with crappy air-dry craft clay, they still work even if the results could be better. I'd say Milliput should do, although in their Youtube channel they mix it with plasticine, so maybe try that too:

The mix they use is 1:1 mixed Milliput with plasticine.
    The cutters should help a lot though, make one big sheet of the texture, cut out base-sized pieces from it, reuse the rest to make more sheets and take more bases. There will be some cleanup in the end, but should be mostly complete, if it needs too much work something is not working well, i guess.

Golem2God, Forté and Koin-Koin like this.
  3. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

GSW provides how-to for every clay/putty they sell on their site including (but not only) Green Stuff and Milliput.
    I find that having something that keep the roll at the same height far before and after the base surface helps a lot.

Forté and jherazob like this.
  4. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

And they have that too, that's what i was missing in my last attempt that resulted in bases of irregular height i had to scrap. Hope to give it a try, likely this weekend (no promises, Hollow Knight still has me)
    [​IMG]

5. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Indeed.

But you can also get similar result with something like two pile of paper (books, magasines...) on each side of the base.
    The drawbacks are:
    - you need the proper thickness (could be tricky)
    - you need enough space around to lay everything properly (which is usually the most scarse resources in hobby)

jherazob likes this.
  6. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

I actually have and used those guide rings. Very much worthworth.

But yes; the cutters and a different (bakeable most likely) clay would make it much easier.

jherazob likes this.
  7. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Managed a second short session. Mainly just cleaning up the bases with a sanding block and then drilling and cutting the holes out for the figures.
    20190411_223046_resized.jpg

Obviously...I couldn't resist grabbing the blutac for a look to see them all assembled. Would've been rude not to really :grinning:
    20190411_222745_resized.jpg

Can safely say I'm looking forward to getting some paint on them.

Berjiz, Golem2God, Xeurian and 6 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation