1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ForCo and SoF

Discussion in 'Foreign Company' started by yoink101, May 25, 2021.

1. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Hello! I’m playing in a tournament in a couple of weeks featuring the soldiers of fortune option. The missions are:
    • Acquisition
    • Supremacy
    • Highly Classified
    I am considering taking ForCo and just wanted a place to bounce ideas around. What would you take in this situation?

A couple of standouts in my initial musings are:
    • Yojimbo. Perimeter weapons, smoke (to pair with a core linked bolt sniper), a bike, and good CC is a winning combo the N4 price of 18 points seems like mayhem and a speed bump all wrapped into one.
    • Carmen seems more toolboxy than yojimbo. Plus, I haven’t played with more than one bike in a long time.
    • Raoul the back line demolisher. Now with mimetism-6 as if he wasn’t good enough before.
    • Uhahu as backup for Laxmee. She’s the same price as a Securitate, and better...except that she can’t link.
    • McMurrough isn’t really what I’m looking for. He’s amazing, but ForCo already has CC monsters. He fast with superjump, which is great, but I’d rather take a bike I think. I don’t know, I could probably be sold on it.
    • Liberto to pair with a zero and a peacemaker. Great for suiciding up the table with direct template shotgun.
    What mercy would you add to your lists?

#1 yoink101, May 25, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
  2. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

I'd say Liberto depending on the rest of your list. Anything to slow down a turn one alpha strike and cause your opponent some midfield headaches is a good idea. Uhahu is a good idea. She has an HD+ to cybermask, so not being in a link isn't that big of a deal.

yoink101 likes this.
  3. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]2 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 8)
    MAJOR LUNAH VIRAL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 29)
    YOJIMBO Contender(+1B), Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, Crazykoala / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    REM RACER (Hacker, RemDriver [+1 BS], Hacking Device) Submachine Gun ( ) / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 21)

3 SWC | 76 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I find these four quite interesting. Liberto and Yojimbo for the obvious, and already mentioned, reasons. Major Lunah as an extra sniper for smoke shenanigans and the Rem Racer Hacker for a 2nd Hacker and a buff for the Peacemaker (a FD 8" Spitfire with BS 13 is pretty nice, especially when put in Supp. Fire).

Unfortunately Army 7 doesn't compute the extra 1 SWC and the new allowance of 85 points.

#3 Tristan228, May 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
    yoink101 likes this.
  4. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

The Android version of Army 7does compute the extra 1 SWC though - I see 2 SWC for the Liberto Minelayer in FC. But the cap is really 75 points.

5. Tristan228

Warcor

So the App can do stuff the desktop version can't and vice versa :upside_down_face:
    With ITS 12 v1.1 the allowance got pushed up because of Scarface and Cordelia who were too expensive to be legally taken as SOFs though

6. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

yes, right - but in Army APP (Android) it is still 75pts - that's what I tried to say :joy:

#6 kesharq, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  7. Tristan228

Warcor

Oooh I see! :sweat_smile:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation