1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluff inspiration: Westworld

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by HK47, Jul 18, 2022.

1. HK47

HK47 Member

Hello there,
    I'm currently enjoying season 3 of the HBO series Westworld. If you have not seen it, but plan to: SPOILER ALERT.

That being said, I haven't watched the entire series myself, so there will be stuff I don't know yet. But anyway, here's my thoughts.
    The history of mankind in this series is changed when two brothers develop a powerful AI. It is fed with data about mostly everyone and starts making simulations about how humanity will develop into the future, based on it.
    It can also use different starting parameters etc. and simulate what would happen if certain things are done. The brothers use it to find out what to do to realize the most desirable future in their view. Since they have a traumatic history with war, they mostly try to secure prosperity and peace.
    On the downside their measures involve blocking social advancement and procreation of people, for whom the simulation projects psychological problems in the future; killing or incarceration/"reeducation" of people who are too hard to predict or whose personalities always lead to a negative impact on mankind.

This reminded me a lot of discussions on this forum about what Aleph wants and how it gets there. Especially because it offers a middle ground between the two extremes: Nomads and PanO/Aleph propaganda. I know such a middle ground has come up in the discussions before. I just thought Westworld was a believable explanation of the details of how Aleph might work to sincerely help mankind, while having dystopian vibes already (without the necessity of a planned enslavement of humans, as it has practically already happened, without anyone noticing). :grin:

Wizzy likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation