1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time out...150pts

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by geo67, May 9, 2018.

1. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

I finally got my first game in, after having my guys for a week now.

I played against my buddy, a very good player, and his Nomads. I don't know he had, but he had a Ninja, a Sniper, REM and Hacker, Bran Do Castro (Monkey King), and a four man fire team.

My list:

[​IMG] Tyro List
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] DAIYŌKAI Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CC Weapon, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 49)
    [​IMG] RYŪKEN (CH: Limited Camouflage) Heavy Rocket Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    [​IMG] KUROSHI RIDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Breaker Pistol, AP + Shock CCW. (0 | 33)

2.5 SWC | 147 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I won the roll off, opted to go second, and he set up first. He helped me with some deployment tips, and getting me out of the Warmachine Deployment of a single line mentality.

My buddy was very gracious, and I learned a ton on just how to play a basic game, start of the game, camoflauge, how templates work and close combat.

I survived his first turn, and had actually taken out a guy of his with my Ryuken's Rocket Launcher, and drove his REM into cover with ARO from Daiyokai.

The All Star of the game was the Kuroshi Rider. She activated first due to Impetuous, and basically carved thru his team like a knife thru butter. She put Bran Do Castro on fire as he tried to shoot her driving under him (he was hanging upside down from the train tracks), she drove up into CC with his fire team and killed three of the four, one of which was the LT the other the Medic. Of course Dogged is pretty cool, and she died at the end of the turn, but she did her job.

As my LT, when she died, I made my Kempai CoC the new LT.

After Kuroshi Rider killed most of his team he conceded. He only had his REM and hacker left, and I had only lost two team members. I think he probably would have had to go into retreat? He probably set up a soft 150 for me to play into, and did take it easy on me, and his dice hated him so much, but a win out of the chute still felt cool.

So, first game, much fun, very cool mechanics, and I love ARO, which keeps you active in the game the entire time. If you stray from the table to check your phone or FB, you'll miss something crucial.

I do have question on CC...Rider is 22, so when she gets base to base for a CC attack, what is a crit? what am i actually rolling against? I get BS rolls, is it basically anything but a 1 to hit with her CC? I have reread the rules numerous times, and it's one of those that kinda doesn't sink in.

KRider.jpg
    (she's still a WIP)

loricus likes this.
  2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

It's just like BS, except that your target number is 20 - 20 is a crit except that any amount over 20 adds to your roll. so if your CC is 22, and you roll a 4 - you've actually scored a hit on a 6.

1 is still a hit with her CC weapon. in fact 1 is almost always a hit with any weapon - be it BS or CC. I'm not sure where you're getting that its a miss from.

geo67 likes this.
  3. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

DOHT! I transposed the numbers.

4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Not many games with this kind of resolution for being badass.

Even after I stop setting up soft lists and in games where I don't get unlucky new players can get wins on me. Sometimes they have a plucky tactic I wasn't ready for.

If the +2 to your roll gets you to or past 20 you crit so a roll of 18-20 works. It's face to face with shooting and CC as normal.

To get an idea of the math:
    You start with 8 values (40%) of attacks hitting 95% of the time: 13-20 need a crit to cancel.

Then you have 12 values (60%) that still need to be beaten or matched in F2F to stop. Every value including 1 starts with a 35% chance to hit because they can miss.

Then you have all the outcomes that you roll a number that could be beaten without a crit (such as 12), they roll a successful number, but yours is higher.

The remaining outcomes they don't get hit.

It's too much to calculate fully in your head but basically it's unintuitively pretty good.

Against an enemy with 13 CC, 11 PH, a Knife, and 2 ARM she's at a 54% chance to wound them and 9% chance to be wounded. This is good.

geo67 and Abrilete like this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

loricus, geo67 and toadchild like this.
  6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah that's how I got the final number I but I think it's useful to have a ballpark understanding of why you get that number.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation