1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Nomad List

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ibn_Sina, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Ibn_Sina

Ibn_Sina New Member

Nomads
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2
    BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    SPEKTR (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
    LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
    REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    TASKMASTER Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    4 SWC | 298 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Tell me what do you guys think of this list? saw it on Guerrilla Miniature Games and was thinking of using it.

2. SpectralOwl

Well, you'd have a very safe DZ, but you're relying on the Intruder alone to clear long-range AROs. It might be worth a shot in a killy mission, but it would rely on your opponent over-extending into the midfield and being timid with AROs to get any work done.

3. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Or it is about whether you risk those four infiltration rolls...

SpectralOwl likes this.
  4. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

so i think Owen played pretty well with this list and it's viability really rests in copious glue and camo. the benefit of the gmg video is that you can watch the list in action and see where it's strong and where it has some holes. iirc, Owen lost on points because he couldn't kill a Crocman sniper and dominate a zone. assuming i do remember correctly, the intruder struggled in a sniper fight, was the only long range tool, and somehow a pano medic made a WIP roll to keep that Crocman alive despite soaking multiple orders to kill, which are at a premium with one group and two irregular orders. on the other hand, glue really jams up an opponent's plan, especially if they lack an engineer, template shotguns wreak havoc on stacked troops, and the crazy koalas make for good area control.

i think Owen has had success with similar lists by adding some AD with a Hellcat, which adds a different trick to this list (you could downgrade the Spektr's equipment and sub out a bandit for the spitfire). personally, i might trade one of the lunokhods for a reaktion zond for the HMG as an additional aro piece, or (more likely) trade the SWAST for a Kriza because 6 crazy koalas seems excessive (but on theme for nomads, tbh) and the HMG+full auto 2 can be really devastating.

5. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Not a fan. It looks safe because of all the koalas, but what does it have against any of these threats?

• spec fire
    • guy with hyperdynamics or his own deployables (esp. now that everyone is playing O-12!)
    • sensor
    • an actual good hacker
    Seems like you could play it for something like Annihilation where you can mostly stand around, but you don't have a lot of resources to actually do missions. I also do not understand the Spektr's function at all.

If you are starting out, try dudes like the Kriza Borac, Reverend Moira, Intruder HMG or Sin-Eater. They're a more straight-forward kind of strong - good muscular pieces that are easy to use.

6. Ibn_Sina

Ibn_Sina New Member

I saved a Swiss rocket launcher three times with a fusilier paramedic lol so I know what you mean by a Pano making a WIP check.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation