1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Nomad List: Tunguska Szally and REM

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Sedral, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Hey guys!

So i've recently acquired a Szalamandra and though it might be time for me to join this ragatg bunch of dirty space misfits known as the nomad nation, and more specifically Tunguska. I know the sectorial isn't out yet, but i'd still like to focus on Tunguska-only stuff for now as to anticipate the sectorial's future release. For now i settled on a REM spam list to run around my szally (for reasons i'll detailled later), so here's my first draft for an all-comer list:

[​IMG] Szally and pals V1
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] METEOR ZOND Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

About this list. First of all, there aren't a lot of nomads in my meta so even though i knew what nomad's REM were like i was kinda bummed when i saw that Sputnik REMs were costing either 24/25 or 31/34pts. Coming from ISS i was expecting to find some potent attack remotes for 20ish points (like the Rui-shi, Lu-duan or Dakini HMG) and already planned to build a 13/14 orders list (my favorite format) with tons of REM, 1/2 spektr and Szally as the main gunner. Add that almost everything in tunguska also costs an eye and it looks like it will be hardly feasible.
    So at this point i wonder if it wouldn't be more interesting to entirely ditch the second group and stick to 10 orders with something like this:

[​IMG] Szally and pals V2

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] SPEKTR MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
    [​IMG] METEOR ZOND Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I don't really like 10 orders lists, especially if i can't count on sturdy HIs to survive my opponent's onslaught, but 11 + 1 irregular feels like a waste unless i ALWAYS play second (which might not be such a bad idea to be honest). Ideally i'd love to have a second group for support tasks (like clockworker + evo + 2 cheerleaders), and at least one spektr and tons of different REMs + 1/2 interventors to support Szally in the first group, but with tunguska only stuff i really don't know how to achieve that.

So guys what do you think of those lists, and how would you play a Tunguska only list with Szally?

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The 3 ARM REM are very order durable with an Engineer, they can end up removing the same few orders every turn.

T. Rex Pushups and Lothair like this.
  3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Yeah Nomad REMs are very strong. Stuff like Bulleteers and the like are great, but they're made out of tissue paper and good for shooting and that's basically it. Your Tsyklon Sputnik compared to a Bulleteer or Rui Shi doesn't have ODD or MSV2, but does have ARM 3, Climbing Plus, a 360 Visor, Pitcher, BTS 6, X-Visor... more mobile, more flexible, tougher and more tactical options. Very Nomad-y. Plus in Nomads you have more of a proliferation of cheap, very effective hackers who can put Marksmanship L2 on them without solely being there to do that.

4. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying sputniks are bad, actually i really love toolboxes unit and i think they're good for their price. It's just not what i was looking for to support my TAG, so it threw a wrench in my initial list building plan ^^

5. Sergei Simonov

Sergei Simonov Well-Known Member

I actually wanted to try a REM list myself, though I was thinking something drastically different. After seeing some folks here go on about TR bots also being good dedicated attack pieces, I was tinkering with the following:

[​IMG] Nomads

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Zewrath likes this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

That first list is in desperate need of a Lizard instead of the Salzy.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation