1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Match Suggestion!

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Arkaon1125, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Arkaon1125

Arkaon1125 Well-Known Member

Hi all! I was a lot inactive and now, with some firends, we are tring to wipe out the dust from our Infinity miniatures.
    We have played some match, and we have a lot of question about rule that i think i will post in the specific thread when we come on top of that. Now i have a specific question about Pan Oceania.
    How can i handle the CC superiority of ALEPH? Expecially combined with some nasty garanade (Eclipse i think are called). I Used a MO List, so maybe is not the best option to fight againsta that kind of enemy.
    Any suggestions or specific tactics?

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

You don't.

MO CC is high enough to ensure that you are not "guaranteed" to be automatically dead once some Aleph guys comes with a big knife.

I would say try to use Magisters Panzerfausts to slow down their advance, and during your active use your LSG/Nanopulsers or superior burst and just hope to brute force yourself through Alephs ODD.

Also: Phoenix will be always a bad news for your gunfighter, expect some "fire" grief.

Also: try to include DART somewhere on top of building. Her SMG/Viral can be really nasty (especially she has at least MSV1 to lessen problems of ODD) against all those NWI Aleph troops. Deploying her on top of building will ensure that either Aleph will have to skip killing her, or invest a LOT of orders to dig her out (otherwise she should go on rampage, using probably all of orders you have left at this point).

Quite problematic fact for MO is that your CC is usually worse than Steel Phalanx, your shooting will be probably also worse (due to their constant ODD).

Also: if you happen to go first (but it's hard to count on it) you might want to use Seraph. Afair Steel Phalanx doesn't have excellent AROs (thought after mentioned Phoenix might grief you ;/) so you might be able to pull of some nice coverless shots and start trying to burn their ODDs with your humble and always faithfull Auxbot.

@daboarder Any ideas ?

3. Arkaon1125

I'm still fairly new to some Abbreviation. ODDs means?

4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/ODD:_Optical_Disruption_Device

I would recommend the Armbots:Bulleteer with support hacking program Assisted Fire. You take the cover mod from them, give them -6 for your own odd and shock let them not go into dogged or NWI if they have only one wound.

eciu likes this.
  5. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

If you go second, hide far from his Myrmidon fireteam(s). Use some AROs to slow him. You want him to spend a lot of orders to reach you or the objectives.
    The Steel Phalanx shines in mid table (chain rifles, CC monsters), but has few long range weapons (Atalanta, Phoenix, Thorakitai); when I play SP, I often prefer playing second and let my opponent advances, that's saved orders for me.
    If you go first, lay some mines with Spec Sergeants FO to block obvious roads. NWI profiles hate mines... Kill top priority targets (Atalanta, Machaon, Phoenix) with HMG or even spitfire, but never let them the opportunity to reach you. MO can fight in CC, but cannot compete with SP, even with a humble 16 pts Myrmidon. Anyway, MO is better at shooting.

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well old Hosp+Mag link was usually shooting 5 dices on 11 vs 2 dices on 13 for Phoenix, which is .... dicy ;P (especially that Fire can just autokill you)

7. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

That's where Black Friar MSR could shine ;P

eciu likes this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I'm still wondering how I've missed that ;P

At least in 3rd Offensive he can actually link. And he should be a primary target for Aleph, and quite a mean killer of Aleph.

Just remember not to walk into Chain Rifle range.

9. Arkaon1125

Thanks guys, i'm sttil decifrating some of your sentences but i think i will come on top of this!

10. Arkaon1125

You mean the Multi Sniper?

11. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

Yes. You ignore Phoenix's DDO and have to shoot over 80cm to get +3 (-3 for Phoenix). So two shots at 13 against two shots at 7. Not that good, but it may work.
    The standard Black Friar is fine too in a linkteam, as Eciu said. Such a toolbox (drop bears, nanopulser), but you'll have to play him well and be careful with his Multi Rifle's range.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation