1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback about my list ISS - Transmission Matrix against CA

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by cueamen, Feb 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cueamen

cueamen Member

Hi all.
    I will play Transmission Matrix soon against an CA player. I know he will bring Bit & Kiss, plus one AHD Hacker and one core team with plasma sniper etc. (do not know the names of the sculps).

I build the following list:
    [​IMG] Imperial Service
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] KǍNRÈN Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
    [​IMG] SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I like the idea to have two Su-Jian but I am open for other solutions. Because of the mission I have about three hackers in my list (two to get a chance to kill Bit & Kiss using KHD) and one EVO for Firewall Mod. The main goal is to break his Link Team as fast as possible and then concentrate on the rest :).

Cheers
    Cueamen

2. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Seems a shame you can't fit a Rui Shi in there, MSV2 combos nicely with all that smoke.

Whenever I put a dual Su Jian list together I tend to take one shotgun to leave some swc for the rest of the list. Mind you, two spitfires could be evil if you get them up table and drop them both in suppressive fire, that's going to be one of the biggest roadblocks in the game.

Also... you better hope there's no speculo killer in the combined list. Looks like friendly old "Bob from accounting" could stroll over to your Lt and put you in loss of lieutenant really quickly. I'd be tempted to go for Sun Tze to use reserve shenanigans to stop a speculo drop next to your Lt and because you could deploy both Su Jian together.

Sophotects are great also, as they can keep the su-jian running as long as possible.

So yeah... take everything you have and fit all that other stuff in! Ha!

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I'm seconding the remarks about the Lieutenant. Anyone who knows YJ profiles will pick it out immediately once they know you don't have hidden deployment, and vanilla CA is packed with things that can kill your Lieutenant. Namely the Speculo, but also decent drop troops (like the Fractaa, which is honestly one of the three best drop troops in the game.)

One option is to use your Kanren's Holoprojector to disguise him as your Lieutenant profile (and if you swap some combat groups, your opponent likely won't notice there's Holoprojector shenanigans going on until turn 2.) I would recommend instead dropping the Panguling and dropping down one of the Su Jian profiles to the heavy shotgun and using the extra points to get yourself a better lieutenant.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The CA opponent has a Unidron Fireteam, meaning they're playing Contact Force - no Speculo. Fraacta are foiled by deploying the CG LT on a roof, prone, as this will force the CA player to clear or avoid the Zombies.

My biggest concern is what I'd be fuelling in the second combat group. The Ninja is typically not very order-intensive, the Panggolin generally only needs an order or two and the Kuang Shi are not very good return on order investment most of the time.

I'd also be a bit concerned about ARO, while we're talking Fraacta. While Kuang Shi and Mad Traps are a deterrent, they aren't as good at it as a TR HMG (which when given Marksmanship has cleared literal dozens of enemies for me)

5. cueamen

cueamen Member

Hi All.
    Thank you for the feedback. I change my list (removed the scond su jian and put in some TF HMG and Sophotect). What do you think?

[​IMG] Imperial Service
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] KǍNRÈN Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] HÙSÒNG Yaókòng HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Looks like a fairly decent list. I'm still not sure why you want an EVO hacker, but there's nothing that's outright strange in it. Just be very careful and defensive about your LT.

7. cueamen

cueamen Member

@Mahtamori
    Because of the assisted fire hacking program. Blut I just recognized that I also could use a HD instead of an EVO. So I could switch to a Celestial guard with HD. It is 4 points cheaper. Have to look how to spend them

8. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

You could upgrade your ARO piece. Pick up a couple more points and that CG sniper can be swapped to Major Lunah or a Bao (since you are lacking in MSV as is).

9. sgthulka

sgthulka Well-Known Member

Hm...that list looks very vulnerable to a typical Transmission Matrix list. Here's what I would bring, at minimum, if I was playing Onyx:
    1) E-Drone (EVO Hacking device)
    2) Bit & Kiss
    3) Malignos Hacker
    4) T-Drone (Guided missile Launcher)

Remember that all the important parts of the table are repeaters in that mission. Here's what he can do to you with that line up:

1) Isolate and Break any link team you have with the E-drone's special program.
    2) Kill any of your hackers by using a coordinated order to Brain Blast with the E Done, Maestro with Bit, and immobilize or isolate with the Malignos (though he probably will only need to Maestro with Bit; Maestro in the active turn will kill your Kanren most of the time).
    3) Spotlight any of your troopers trying to score under an antenna and then blast them with guided missiles.

Because every army in the game can do 3) above (except maybe Tohaa), camo units generally rule this mission (you can't target camo tokens with spotlight, and camo tokens still score). ISS doesn't have much camo, which makes this a particularly difficult mission for them.

The only solution I've come up with is to link up with tinbots. Spotlight is already -3; against a tinbot it drops to -9, and trying to GML becomes a massive order sink for your opponent. If you can manage to keep a Zhanying hacker alive he can fairy dust, giving your tinbotted heavy infantry -12. The E-Drone will try and break your links, which is why it's probably worth sacrificing a hidden deployment Ninja Killer Hacker to take out the E-Drone with your first order of the game. Your Ninja will get nuked by the Malignos and Bit in ARO, but he should be able to kill the E-Drone. Don't make the mistake of declaring it as your final skill -- then the E-Drone will declare a defensive hacking program. Instead, come out of camouflage with your first skill and say you are "idling". That way all of his hackers will have to declare their ARO's. The E-Drone can't declare his defensive hacking skill because he has to be "the target of a hacking attack" and you haven't targeted him yet. Then as your second skill redrum the E-Drone.

Once the E-Drone is dead your link teams should be able to safely take and hold the objectives. Just make really sure to keep the actual tinbot members safely out of the repeater areas because once the tinbot is broken from the link everyone in the link loses that protection.

You can Haris a Hsien tinbot with Zhanying (which is a good way to protect a Zhanying hacker), or you can Core link a Wu Ming tinbot with a Zhanying (which is a good way to protect a Zhanying hacker), and you can duo pairs of Wu Ming so that each pair has a tinbot, which will give you more freedom of movement than a Wu Ming core. A Hsien Haris and Wu Ming core that then breaks into a 3-man Wu Ming core with tinbot and 2-man Wu Ming duo with tinbot is technically feasible, though it might be too costly.

Unfortunately, a Su Jian has no access to a tinbot and so will quickly become a paperweight in this mission against anyone with good infowar.

10. cueamen

cueamen Member

Thanks for the advice.
    @meikyoushisui I will think about to bring Lunah or a Bao
    @sgthulka Phuu....your post makes me think about my current list....I have to check and see how a list based on your recommendations could look like....I will post here :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation