1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Lieutenant Arrangements

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Bluecoat, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Bluecoat

Bluecoat Member

I need some inspiration on lieutenant choices. Right now I default to the Alpha with Cho CoC with pretty much every list because it's so damn efficient, but now all my lists feel the same! I've thought about using a Gamma LT with Raptor NCO though I haven't been able to test it yet. I also haven't looked at Starmada too closely and I feel like I'd run Hector in that.

So how do you guys like to run your LTs?

2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Depends if you are using NCO in your army or not.

If im not then it'll be an Alpha or Hector. Saladin also falls into this bucket but he is a little meh outside of a handful niche SM builds that want that extra CT)

If I am using an NCO piece or two then it'll be Cho or a bluecoat hiding out in a fireteam.

Aside form that I don't see any real viability of the other options.

3. InMac

InMac O-12 #Bureau Aegis

O-12: Alpha LT + Cho CoC.

Starmada:
    1- Cho LT + Zeta NCO/Raptor.
    2- Hector + Cho CoC.

4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Hector without CoC

5. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

Gamma LT + Cho CoC.
    Saladin LT + Z NCO + Cho CoC (disguised as Saladin) + Tian Gou (disguised as Saladin)

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Well-Known Member

I like to take some risks, so I would consider to take the Alpha without Cho. (Maybe my opponent will think it's not worth the effort to kill the alpha, because he assumes that I have Cho)

If the objective is LT assassination I would use Saladin and Cho. Then I would disguise Cho as Saladin, so that my opponent has a 50/50 Chance to go for the wrong model first.

7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

So he can get 2 Lt dead in a single turn, if he get the real Saladin as first target?

8. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

If they're good enough to get both of them in one turn with decent defenses around them, then your problem isn't your Lt. choice, it's that you're playing against a EI aspect disguised as some dude sipping Mountain Dew across the table from you.

(More seriously, it's a pretty decent bait scenario for assassins, if you add something else unexpected in there like a TO trooper.)

Gurutz29 and Dragonclaw like this.
  9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Well-Known Member

Or a recreation of Sun Tze in a really good disguised artificial body. But I like the phrase and will use it in the future, if you don't mind.

CoC is optional and in Decapitation there is no loss of Lieutenant so Cho doesn't have to be the next Lieutenant. So I don't see the problem (despite my poor skills with O12 because of the lack of experience in the past year).

Savnock likes this.
  10. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

Saladin but I stay away from Aleph models because that is my primary faction. I have taken Cho but often my opponents do not go for an assassination run, though when they do watching them decide which Saladin is real is funny.

When I do not take Saladin I tend to take an alpha.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation