1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAO mod team:Necessary information and communication.

Discussion in 'OOC' started by cazboab, Jul 4, 2018.

1. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Hi, are there any other changes to the status quo that we need to have made public?

I ask because in previous campaigns we were told that we were allowed to play the game and then allow the winner to select the theatre, but now we have confirmation that we should not do this.

There are many problems with this:
    It was actually encouraged last year and the year before as a way to avoid disputes over the theatre before the game.

If we're to be aware of the theatre then the custom mission option is practically redundant, since we can play the mission for the zone, and if we're not playing the mission for the zone, there's no way to garuntee the zone was chosen before the game.

2. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Since that post seems to haven been made in several faction subforums, let me put this here as well...maybe it helps discussion:

"I must put this question forward, as the reasoning doesn’t really make sense to me.

How does this strategy benefit custum missions if we are allowed to play and report any mission at any location, even the custom ones?

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/custom-missions-count-mod.23827/

You can already play ANY missison anywhere…I just can’t see the benefit as you can play “winner decides” with them as well.

Since this is allowed, I don’t see any way to control for chosing the location beforehand. Basically turning a players agreement, that benefits both players at the table, into cheating. I do see that you want to prevent people from cherrypicking, but this rather affects players that are plaing opponents that are also invested into the campaign. Before both players had something to fight for and could achive something. Chosing an irrelevant location for your opponent makes that game less valuable for him from the start…considering that people’s time is short and they would like to report as many games as possible. As a consequence people might then rather play other people who don’t care about the results and then pick the location that benefits them most, not reporting losses.

I have to agree to what Cazboab wrote on the forum: why would you then allow generic missions, or playing custom missions at any location? Since that is open to players, there is literally no way to control for that. Fairplay is important, but this would put a certain amount of doubts on any report, in which a custom mission is played at a different location…who can profide proof that players did decide beforehand. Do we need to take a foto of that as well?

Please don’t take this as fundamental criticism! I’ll just let my thought wander around to come up with some things to say."

nazroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation