1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanmade Superheavy TAGS and Other AFVs

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Del S, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

I bet I'm not alone in looking at the Megalodron and fearing/hoping it may mean Human forces get access to Big TAGs down the line. Even if just Ariadna getting the RM100 at last.

But... am I alone in making up my own ideas, what they could be? Also probably not.

But I'm probably alone in A) actually writing them down B) doing it nine times C) adding a tank and a tankette and D) actually sharing these mad ideas.

IE, these mad ideas, right here.

Featuring
    -The Behemoth, PanOceanian Superheavy TAG.
    -The Mogui, YuJing's Superheavy.
    -The RM-100, or at least my version.
    -A Light Tank because Ariadna.
    -The Falak, Haqqislam's super-scorpion.
    -The Tyrannosaurus, Nomad Tyrant Lizard.
    -The Guru, Brains and Brawn in one AI-controlled package for ALEPH.
    -The Hydra, O-12's Overkill Machine.
    -The Kubernetikos, a Tohaa Cyberdemon.
    -The Komodo, totally not just a small Shogun Executioner with guns for the JSA.
    -The Hermelin, a tankette for NA2.
    -S10 and S11 ideas.
    -Some new skills.
    -Zero testing.
    -Points and SWC that are probably waaaaay off.

#1 Del S, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Wizzy, Teleute, Goonhammer and 4 others like this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yup, your prices are very off. 360 visor is 20 points on a TAG and I'd expect Total Reaction on a TAG to not be far off but I'm not sure whether it'd be more expensive or less - so TAGs without the former would be a lot less expensive and TAGs with the latter would be a lot more expensive. Some of your tech choices are a bit odd as well with Ariadna and Haqq having higher BS than the more technologically advanced Yu Jing (technological advantage is the reason why Pan-O has BS 15, their targeting computers are just a lot better than everyone else') and Aleph having Tinbot B which while possible they could've strong-armed them from Yu Jing it's more likely they get it from Pan-O for an A version for the simple reason that it is Pan-O who makes their most advanced stuff.
    Also, I'm not sure the JSA Komodo would be all that much more expensive than a Jotums given how expensive ARM 10 is over 9 and Heavyweight being a fairly large discount on the Maghriba, plus I think you forgot Dual Wield on it ;)

3. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Did some tweaks to points and stats based on what you said, but I should note that I did the Evil Thing and nested skills. Sort of. The Komodo gets Dual Wield and Guard L4 thanks to a crewmember, for instance.

I tried to make dismounting these extra crew cause disadvantages to a "Crewed" TAG to stop people plopping down ARO pieces as well as to justify multiple crew

Mahtamori likes this.
  4. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Ahahahaahahahaha. I love the Tyranossaurus. I really do. Kudos

Goonhammer and Del S like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That explains it a lot more and balances a lot of them out. Also took a closer look at the Mugui crew and that's half a damned Battle Barge of Space Marines in there! Guard 4 on Komodo makes it go quarter of the way to insane, even.

Curious why Tyrannosaurus doesn't have Signals, that seems like a very Nomad thing? How does the TAGs handle Expel, unless I missed that, too?

6. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

May I change Voronin's words about it?

7. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

They are both the Emperor's Fureh. But not that emperor and two different emperors each.

It does - both crew are defensive/killer hackers and have the skill in addition to their other roles.

Sure, they're translated wrong as a joke anyway:slightly_smiling_face:

Added a Caledonian variant of the M83 Grizzly called the Claymore, plus a somewhat conventional TAG for Steel Phalanx called the Hoplite.

8. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Like I said on WGC, this is my favorite set of fan-made rules for Infinity in a loooooong time. Really good work. I'm looking forward to trying these out with friends soon over Christmas break.

Next step might be to design a couple missions specifically for these things.

Del S likes this.
  9. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Now there's an idea...

10. laundreu

laundreu Member

Del S and cazboab like this.
  11. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Del S likes this.
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

There was also the (ancient) Tank! scenario from N2:

Shiwen, Abrilete and Del S like this.
  13. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

It looks very N2 indeed, but it'll be good inspiration I think :slightly_smiling_face:

14. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

when the first entry was behemoth for a split second i thought that was a reference to season finally of my fanfic on the original forums. then when noticed the leviathan was missing i reread the post more carefully.

ill look through my achieves but i wrote some (broken) stats for it in N1. even in the story the leviathan was fitted a HMC, total reaction and 360 vision.

i wrote a lot of things that coincidentally appeared later( in a very similar forms) in the game. (pssst ask psychoticstorm hehehe)

Del S likes this.
  15. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Sounds like something interesting :)

16. dhellfox

just found the stats, get ready to laugh and remember this was for N1 edition for people who wanted to play out events from the fanfic

The Mk II ‘Leviathan’ super T.A.G.

T.A.G. cost 200 points, SWC 4

MOV: 4-6 CC: 15 BS: 16 PH: 19 WP: 17 ARM: 9 BTS: -9 STR: 3 AVA: 1

Regular, Not Impetuous, No cube, Total Reaction Lv 2, 360 Visor, Super T.A.G., ECM

Equipment: lieutenant, HMC, Nemesis Canon

Total Reaction Lv 2: works exactly like Total Reaction but combined with the HMC and an advanced targeting system the T.A.G. can predict all incoming attacks before its enemies can even execute their plan. In game terms any combined orders that involve shooting at the Leviathan all models involved must take a face to face roll against the HMC full burst. Take note, this ability only works while the HMC is active.

Super T.A.G.: these machines are designed to be a siege engine capable of taking on a fully manned base single handed and sealed off from the outside environment by thick plates of armor and anti hacking devices/ primitive control devices that lack interface, therefore making them near impossible to destroy. All Super T.A.G. are immune to Hacking in addition to Valor level 1 and all hard wired system (non weapons) that are disabled are all repaired by a successful reset order.

Nemesis Canon: for the sake of keeping it simple it works exactly like a heavy Grenade launcher with a round that fires monofilament ammo and no E/M vulnerability.

Del S likes this.
  17. Section9

Note that in N1/N2, "Surprise Shot" (shooting out of camo) meant that your target ate a Normal Roll, with them getting an ARO if they survived.

And wow, that Leviathan is gross.

18. dhellfox

just while im thinking/ about it and ever encountered it in games ive played in N3, does EM ammo still shut down specific hi tech weapons (such as hmc) and equipment?

19. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

No weapons anymore. It causes isolation, breaks anything with comma equipment, and immobilises HI, REMs, TAGs, and vehicles.

20. Section9

Like @Del S said, not anymore. Instead it breaks even more stuff, but it all gets fixed at one time by an engineering roll.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation