1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall out of uprising

Discussion in 'Ikari Company' started by wuji, May 3, 2021.

1. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Fiction wise, from what I've read cause I dont have the book, but, uprising makes sense to me, it's good story and political intrigue to the max. However...

I completely understand how people might feel about not getting to play JSA with their YuJing troops anymore. Would it have been better if Ikari company incorporated more YuJing troops and the right JSA troops to have made it where people could still have that happy middle ground? This is just food for thought...

2. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

upload_2021-5-3_1-40-52.gif

People can still play their JSA sectorial with their old models.

If JSA models were playable in vanilla YJ right now it would be hella busted.

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Citation definitely needed on that one.

Dragonstriker and Mahtamori like this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Would Vanilla (and only Vanilla) getting access to Oniwabans really make them that "busted"? This is in an era of guided fire coming back, and sub 100 point fireteams that can have BS18 models firing at you while also packing mimetic -6 MODs. I look at getting Kitsune back and then consider it vs BS19 marksmanship MSV snipers and think I'm probably more scared of the second one.

It really only is the Oniwabans too. Ryuken/Raiden were superceded by the Hundun, the JSA HI are less attractive when unlinked, O-Yoroi and Aragato are pretty whatever now given power creep and I don't think anybody actually wants the Daiyokai over a Mowang anyway.

EDIT: I guess Yuriko's a decent profile for Vanilla too but it's not like she breaks the bank either.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hundun vs Ryuken is a bit of Granny Smith compared to Pink Lady. I personally like Ryuken better and the added benefit of being able to use some of the AVA to put ODD skirmishers on the table is very nice.

@Triumph not according to CB's data, which showed us that the contents of Red Veil (that had had a release cycle for most of the period the data looked at) were the most used units. Ignoring of course that Oniwaban and Shinobu were more popular than all but 2 ISS units...

In either case, leaving that all behind, this is about Ikari. Or rather it isn't. Put simply, very little in Ikari is very relevant to the old style Yu Jing with minor JSA elements in it (let's face it, no one actually played Yu Jing with lots of JSA in it).

Sure, CB could possibly eventually make a sectorial, NA2 or Yu Jing, based on the remnants that could be quite cool. For example, looking at it as a sectorial in Yu Jing, take the elements from JSA that could potentially be still be loyalist elements and add in ISS minders / thought police. Can also loan a bit from White Banner as the JSA was supposed to have a sizeable detachment there.
    Light Infantry: Keisotsu (AVA T, Core), Tokusetsu, Kanren, Bao (Wildcard), Pheasant (Linkable with Wu Ming), Aragoto
    Medium Infantry: Tigers, Adil Mehmut (wildcard)
    Heavy Infantry: Karakuri (Haris), Wu Ming (AVA 4, Core, Haris, Duo), Crane (wildcard, ragefist is mandatory)
    Remotes: ISS-equivalent AVA (Weibing wildcard)
    TAGs: Blue Wolf
    Warband: Empty
    Skirmisher: Ninjas (AVA 2), Kunai (AVA 2), Oniwaban (AVA 1)

(It's missing something along the LOF denial or LOF guarantee axis as Bao are a bit crummy, so it's possible monks need to be in there just for smoke. It's also missing a twist, a "why play this" special feature - "nostalgia" sectorials tend to be poorly designed. Also, if you toss in Su-Jian and Celestials and you've got an ISS that might be less crap -.-;;)

wes-o-matic likes this.
  6. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

So not QUITE on topic but it bothers me to no end that ISS has a lower AVA of Ninjas than Vanilla Yu-Jing.

Like WTF.

wuji likes this.
  7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Probably because higher AVA of Kanren and the presence of a Kunai Ninja...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation