1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explode LX vs mines

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by senso, Mar 6, 2019.

1. senso

senso Member

So, I drop my Liu Xing down to take out a valid target, but he also lands within the trigger area of a mine. How is this resolved, assuming the mine triggers properly (i.e, no part of the template touches any friendly troops, no total cover in the way, etc)?

My first instinct tells me that the explode template takes out the mine, but then again, the Liu Xing is on the board as well, so does the mine trigger simultaneously with the explode template? Or is there something obvious I'm not taking into account?

Thanks

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

All at once, mate.

The damage from Explode on the mine is rolled for at exactly the same time as your Louie rolls ARM against the mine.

Remember that if the mine is both in camo and there are no other valid targets around Louie, Explode LX doesn't happen.

xagroth and ijw like this.
  3. senso

senso Member

Thanks. Yes, I know Explode is useless unless their is a proper, non-camo,non-friendly target to take out in the area.

I still think it's worth taking the risk to land near some mines to take them out alongside a bunch of other stuff :)

4. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Also note that if they can not place the mine template in a way that doesn't hit friendlies it is considered null.

oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation