1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Executive Order and Lieutenant Level 2

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Mahtamori, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Just a sanity check;

Neither Executive Order nor Chain of Command specifies which level of Lieutenant they become, only that they become the Lieutenant. Is it correct to assume they become only Level 1?

2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Seems like yes, only because:
    • The first Level of this Special Skill is printed on Troop Profiles as Lieutenant, without mentioning its Level.
    Since they become your Lt. just like in LoL... wait. Where does it say anything about what happens after that? You appoint a new Lt. and I guess we just assume that it gains the skill?

3. sorniak

sorniak Well-Known Member

I don't think this really matters ... Lieutenant L2 generates you an additinal LT order. When COC\Executive becomes new LT - that new LT will have that additional LT order. Isn't it?

meikyoushisui likes this.
  4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

As per the FB thread,

'In addition, Lieutenant L2 grants the user a second Special Lieutenant Order.'

The CoC or XO trooper is not 'the user' of the LT Level 2 Skill.

5. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Nevermind. IJW answered.

Though I don't think that answers the OP in a way that's backed up by rules text.

sorniak likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

Considering that's very similar, if not word for word, what's written in Lieutenant Level 1, does that mean the XO can't use the LT order on same turn as revealing?

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

They become Lt level 1, but you generate orders at the start of your turn, so both of those lieutenant orders already exist. I would allow either an Executive Order model or a Chain of Command model to use both special orders if they take over during your active turn.

8. Mahtamori

This is the assumption I make in the OP, but the rules for those skills do not specify whether they inherit the skill or become LT of a specific level.

Plus, since IJW wrote that XO is not the user of the LT2 skill, they are also not the user of the LT1 skill so the question you quoted is highly relevant in addition to the one in OP.

9. ijw

I'm attempting to be polite here, and will simply point out that this is not a logical consequence of what I said.

WarHound likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Lvl1: The user of this Special Skill has a Special Lieutenant Order.
    Lvl2: In addition, Lieutenant L2 grants the user a second Special Lieutenant Order.
    Executive order: (...) is placed on the game table for deployment, he becomes his army's Lieutenant, stripping (...)
    IJW: The CoC or XO trooper is not 'the user' of the LT Level 2 Skill.

First and foremost, while we're both being polite, I don't interact with the FB side of the community that you referenced. From your answer it seems there's relevant information in there you're not recapping here.
    Now, examining the logic of what you wrote that CoC and XO are not "the user" of the LT2 skill, I would like to point out that both LT skills state they grant "the user" a Special Lieutenant Order. Add to that; neither CoC nor XO are the user of either LT1 nor LT2 skill because the level of LT they become is not specified.

So while you might not have meant this interpretion, I hold that it certainly is sound logic.

Edit; additionally I seem to recall we've had discussions years ago regarding the LT skill and I'd like to recall that the actual skill is never transferred.

Karmano likes this.
  11. ijw

Apologies, this thread turned up within a few minutes of a very similar one on FB, so I assumed that the same people were involved.

The CoC, XO and newly-elected LTs have to effectively become users of the LT L1 Skill, or they don't get to use the LT Special Order.

We know that Level 1 is the default, because it's what is used if a level isn't given in a unit option.

12. Mahtamori

Okay, I did not know this. That explains literally everything.

13. ijw

Sabin quoted it in the very first reply. :-(

14. Mahtamori

I'm sorry, I read that a lot more literal than that. It says what a "lieutenant" on a troop profile is, not what happens in other circumstances

15. AidanO

AidanO Well-Known Member

Would we be able to get this interpretation as an example in the wiki to clarify as an easy to find reference? Because I just know that it's going to have rage arguments constantly until it does.

16. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Why? There haven’t been rage arguments about troopers being appointed lieutenant gaining the skill between the time that N3 came out and now.

And getting something in the official wiki would basically require it getting put into the FAQ by Corvus Belli. Which leads back to my previous paragraph.

17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

What about if orders were already generated for the turn, and 2 Lieutenant orders exist? Can a level 1 lieutenant spend both of them?

18. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

can we have an answer to this please

#18 Vandroiy, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    toadchild and meikyoushisui like this.
  19. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I don't see anything in CoC/XO/Lt1 saying that you must recount how many order you have (and/or un-generate already generated orders) or that places a restriction on how many Lt Order you can spend. So i'd say on that turn yes you can spend both Lt Order (if they were not already spent). On that part I think the rule and lack of restriction is clear on how the scenario would play out.

it makes me think if Impetuous Irregular warbands that gets kills, on that turn and that turn only, you can spend a token to convert his already generated but unused irregular order. In future turn, he won't generate any order while null state. You have a short window of opportunity to make use of his soon to disapear irregular order; and for Lt2 you have a short window of opportunity to make use of that soon to disapear second lt order.

20. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

No.

The Lt L2 skill specifies the user of the skill may use the second special order.

CoC and XO are not users of Lt L2.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation