1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution of My Escalation League List

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Pander22, May 28, 2019.

1. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

So I jumped at the chance to dive into an escalation league and did pretty well for myself with a W/L of 19/3

I had been thinking for a while on what I wanted to do as all but one or two players were experienced players so I gave it all i got and made a pretty cheesy 100 points list. We were not putting fire team in until 150 points as they are super strong

Note there will be a few army lists here with low model counts so ill just list the first few rounds

100 Points Nomads
    Zero BS
    Zero Mine layer
    Heckler BS
    Heckler Red Fury
    Moran Combi
    100 Points 2swc

5 camo tokens and koalas plus i negated having so few orders by most of my guys being up field
    I actually preferred the second turn so i could spend most of my time sitting around and take last turn in total I had around 7-8 games with 0 losses the first game i had was even against a guy who took a 120 list by accident, nobody saw it coming and struggled to deal with it I only had 15 orders in total over the course of the game but in the 7-8 games i had I lost maybe 2 models.

MVP - Heckler red fury he would kill their main hitter then sweep everything else off the field, Nobody knew which camo token he was and so just could lose a game in deployment

Beginner tip - I don't have many numbered camo tokens but lots of different kinds of camo styles 1-3 so i took a photo of them beside their camo token for that day and posted it to a group of other players in infinity this avoids any problems where you forget or the opponent asks you to be sure on what is under what

120 Points

Heckler RF
    Krakot Chain Rifle
    zero Minelayer
    Zero BS
    Moran BS
    Puppet master SMG
    Puppet bot AP rifle

120 Points 2swc

I really wanted to try some heavy infantry as they are pretty meta here but couldn't get something i liked working so the puppet bots it was

MVP - Again heckler for the same reasons

This bracket I only had around 4 games (its so long ago now i stupidly just took track on my w/l ratio so cant remmeber how many where in this one

150 bracket

Played 3 games here with a 0/3 WL ratio

At this bracket i just couldn't make something i was happy with trying to stick with vanilla in while everyone is using fireteams was I think my downfall, especially in a game where its just all kill points no objectives where i suppose vanilla shines better?

Nomads
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]6 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    KRIZA BORAC HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)
    HECKLER Red Fury / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 24)
    LIBERTO Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    SECURITATE Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Submachine Guns, Chest Mine / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 17)
    ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    SECURITATE (Repeater) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

3 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

200 Points is where i started taking more notes on the games i was playing and my opponents
    So My main opponent started using IA and a big part of that was a 5 man link with MSV Multi Sniper,
    Corregidor updates where just out and i fell in love with the mixed link options the only problem was i deleted my 200 points list by accident at work and had to quickly make a new one before i got into the store so i was short on orders and down 5 points, Luckily only 1 game was played where I eecked out the victory that came down to one armour save at the end of the game to say it was squeaky is an understatement, we also placed two objectives worth 20 points each on the table as we wanted to get something in there that wasnt just killing

VS IA
    I used my 5 man link team to try and battle the MSR but I lost my tysklon i then regrouped massacre with daktaris and lupe and shoved them up the board where we lost lupe but no after taking outing the MSR HI

Next turn I lost lupe and spent 7 orders trying to kill that HI jump infantry that was out in the open with no success, In his turn i finally kill him with a lucky crit but I wasted a turn in doing so,

With pretty much 4 orders on the table i create the link team and charge up the field to where three FO basics are clustered around an objective 1 cant see me so i put all my shots into them with the brigada and down him then use my LT orderon the last turn of the game I moved round the corner do i flamethrower? or do I Multi into these two guys , I chose to take the FTF roll and kill one with a double burst but the other gets through arm roll and i roll a 7 bringing me to 14 saving my LT and wining me the game by about 20 points

Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor

[​IMG]8
    SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    ALGUACIL Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    LUPE BALBOA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    ALGUACIL HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
    TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)

3.5 SWC | 195 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This is where i really found my stride the games where much better with 2 objectives and i had two really good link teams to move around the field with answers to anything that could be thrown at me

I had three games at this area vs MO, IA and JSA

First up VS MO
    He left everything standing up behind chest high walls I kill around 8 models first turn he is in lost of LT
    Reveals two hidden TO camo markers which I crit with my link team, Intruder double crits his HMG Knight with MSR and he forefits every turn I was rolling crits and lost in total 1 wound on my HMG Brigada felt so bad with this one as honestly people were coming round to watch me play and just getting crit of the table is just the worse in infinity. The last game he destroyed me in the earlier brackets as i was having SUCH a hard time dealing with HI links so i think it was just all balancing out haha!

VS IA

I took first turn and seeing my opponent with the scary MSR team take full advantage of the little cover we had senior massacre was up so Made him a harris team with lupe and the daktaris, they charged up the field and put him in LOL in turn 1 Nothing could stop massacre and his groupies the breaker combi was the perfect weapon to use as his HI had very low BTS and no cover from my position, after that massacre put him self in a good position where we shot at things like LI and when a spitfire came calling hitting 4 times he crit doges with his eclipse smoke next turn the opponent has went all out trying to kill him I move the brigada
    Team In from the other direction and ignore all his cover with either a HMG or a BS At the end ive lost Lupe and massacre but scored a total of 290 points

VS JSA
    I Take first turn again and Do the exact same but no LOL massacre fights the cat biker for a few rounds where we bot crith before finally i roll a 14 to crit (this was all in his turn as I didnt have the orders to get into a fight with this person so put him close enough she would come into BTB with me

Next on the other side of the field the Size 5 dayioke in a harris team starts storming up the field i had left my brigada and a moran out to ARO them to try and slow them down but eventually after losing a wound with my brigada and both koalas gone i move the brigada back into cover for next turn,

Back on my turn the intruder takes a move action in front of the dayioke he declares discover
    its the break i need to get rid of this beast I roll a crit and a hit and by all that's nomad it takes another 3 wounds blowing past NWI, after that its a wrap up I spend 7 orders trying to boop a button on wip 14 because there is literally nothing else I can do

MVP Intruder and massacre, If you cant shoot a link team get close to them and kill the chaff

Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor

[​IMG]10
    MOBILE BRIGADA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
    MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
    ALGUACIL (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (WIP:14, Doctor, Minelayer, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Akrylat-Kanone / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    LUPE BALBOA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)

5 SWC | 250 Points

Open in Infinity Army

300 points only 1 game in

VS MO I crit off the table last earlier

His list had a combat group of 8 models and another combat group of 1 model
    I mentioned this might not be the best idea as I'm going to strip you of 2 orders leaving you with only 6 but he wanted tot take first turn,

First up he crits massacre off the table over 2 orders I should have dropped him prone at the end and that would have saved his life and he boops one button

My turn mcmurder charges up the field smoking his way up kills the LT and 3 other order sergeants in CC It was awesome I just beserked everything he reveals a TO sniper to try and stop the rampage but the intruder deals with him and it continues critting on 8s is super awesome

He is in LOL and so few orders left he kills mcmurder but spends his whole turn doing I was just tanking the shots but just couldn't get a high enough roll to drop a smoke and he finally goes down

Last turn i move up the brigada team luckily the Brigada had been dropped in my turn but i doctored him back up and reformed the link by the end of it all im down my intruder, massacre and mcmurder my three stars of the show but MY brigada HMG plays so consistent that she deserves a place in the MVP area

300 Points

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    MOBILE BRIGADA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
    ALGUACIL Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ALGUACIL (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (WIP:14, Minelayer, Doctor, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Akrylat-Kanone / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 32)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    BANDIT (Forward Observer) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 23)
    INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

With all that out the way Im on a 19/3 WL ratio and think i did pretty well considering most of the players have been playing for the last two years

I'm not sure if I won the entire league but people were making jokes about there being no way to catch up to me, there has been a post saying its not about the wining or losing it was the taking part which is true but I would kinda like to know if I won haha!

Any questions about my lists or how you think they played please ask me

Overall I think correg is super strong at the minute with answers to pretty much everything in my meta

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation