1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evangelion or Gundam Scenery?

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by WiT?, Nov 23, 2020.

1. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Just wondering, been a sucker for mecha anime for a long time - its a big part of why I got into this game. Been wondering if anyone has seen or used themselves some large mecha models, especially Gundam or Evangelion, as part of scenery on a table? Like a big mech hanger or something. Typically these robots would probably be too big to be in an Infinity game as anything else!

If so, which specific models? Its really hard since I'm not into other models typically and can't really tell what size anything is, or which companies produce good stuff! Bonus points if it is unpainted but it seems that a lot of these anime figurine type things come in colored plastic.

2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I have a couple of "mecha hangar" 1:144 scale diorama pieces converted into a TAG hangar.(I think they're bandai). They come in 6"x6"x6" modules that clip together.
    Even the 1:144 gundam mecha were huge compared to a TAG, though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Just because most gunplas are in colored plastic, doesn't mean you can't paint them.
    The Vallejo Mecha range has been created with gunplas in mind specifically. Both for colors and no-primer required feature.

WiT?, chromedog and jherazob like this.
  4. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Also, it's a core part of the gunpla hobby to repaint their kits, many of the minipainting skills overlap with theirs, although they're more used to enamels, lacquers and other stuff like that than our nice safer, not noxious water-based acrylics as those stick better to plastic that's going to be manipulated and reposed.

WiT? and Koin-Koin like this.
  5. Shingen

Shingen Well-Known Member

Sorry, wrong window.

6. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Do you remember the product name?

From the other thread, 1/200 scale Gundam are at the large end of what would work as a TAG. 1/144 would be nuts!

I'd love to get something like an EVA or Gundam bust and build the rest of the table as like an underground base or gigantic refit/repair station. So sweet

7. chromedog

#7 chromedog, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  8. lord_dri

lord_dri Imperial PanO Commander

wow that Gundam hangar look amazing.!

9. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Thanks to you I just discovered that this kind of kit exists, and now I want them all...

jherazob likes this.
  10. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

The moment you put together a Bandai kit, forever it will dominate your destiny

Dragonstriker and chromedog like this.
  11. chromedog

They're Kotobukiya "mechanical chain base" pieces.

I mainly have them because I thought they looked cool at the time - it took me years to actually put them together.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  12. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

You were merely waiting for the right time to build them.

The only thing worse than a wargamer and their pile-o-shame is a a model builder and their storage boxes that house their piles-o-shame. I don't want to even think about how many model kits I have in storage boxes. The great toy store die off of the early/mid 2000's added significantly to my model kit stock pile.

Dragonstriker and jherazob like this.
  13. chromedog

That's the one thing I don't have.
    The endless untapped pile of shame. Not because of any iron-will, though.
    Too many years in a shit-paying job and no credit card - and the Australia tax (where we get charged more "just because". By the time I *could* get what I wanted, it had been too many years, and the "buy only what you will paint" mindset was locked in.

So, I buy what I will paint. I don't usually have much in the way of a backlog, either. Sure, there are bits and bobs and the odd kit, but mostly, I'm using templates and cutting stuff out and gluing it together from scratch.

Incidentally, that 4 armed "claw" in the above picture, is what I used for the legs on my scratchbuilt EVO Rem for my Corregidor.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation