1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVAder proxy?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by theomc, Jan 5, 2021.

1. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

What would people suggest (or have used) for EVAder proxies (pics)?

In the one CJC game I played I used a Brigada, just because I didn't have any in my army anyway. But I've heard it argued that you shouldn't proxy a model with a valid model from your army, because it can be confusing to the opponent...

Options (from what I have): Intruder (see above) or Riot Grrl maybe?

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Of these two? Go for the Grrls. Because they aren't going to mislead anyone.
    Just like 2ed Azra'il I use for my Riot Grrls in StarCo aren't going to be mistaken for something else.

Beyond that point, you have to ask yourself: do you want a temporary proxy, or a permanent proxy?

EVAders are going to be released eventually, and given we expect some new Nomad (and especially Corregidor-themed) sculpts this year, I'd say there's a good chance they'll show up. At least some of them. That'd suggest a temporary aproach: use whatever you have as a proxy, then swap it out for actual EVAders once they're available.

If you want a permanent proxy, you could look around for some non-Corregidor (or maybe even non-Nomad) models you feel suitable. Buy them, maybe convert them, definitely paint them to match your Corregidor scheme.
    You could, of course, swap them for actual EVAder minis later, but personally I'd hate to see models that already costed me time, money and effort to go to waste.

loricus likes this.
  3. Ruaridh

Ruaridh Well-Known Member

Yeh if you want long term proxies any heavy infantry painted to match your nomads . If not just what you have. Depends on your group a lot too

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4. Vakarian

Vakarian Bad Nomad

I’ve been using the old N3 core book Authorized Bounty Hunter, painted up to match my Brigada in scheme, because he’s wearing more-or-less Brigada armor. Feels right to me!

[​IMG]

Solar, Dragonstriker, loricus and 2 others like this.
  5. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

That does look super-EVAder-esc!

Vakarian likes this.
  6. Vakarian

Vakarian Bad Nomad

Seemed like he fit the bill for a lighter (arm 3) HI based on the Brigada, and the loads of pouches and backpack seem about right for a sapper/engineer. I’ve always loved the model too so nice to have an excuse to finally paint him.

He works well as any weapon too because PanO boarding shotguns don’t really look like any other Nomad weapons. When I proxy, I try to stick to basic troop type (so HI for HI here) and weapon if possible to make it easier for my opponent to remember.

7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Pretty much, as a general rule I wont proxy something in an army with something else available to it (profiles excepted) as it can be very confusing and messes with the readability of game state.

8. Cranky Old Man

Cranky Old Man Well-Known Member

I reckon the Kaizoku makes a good proxy...just paint it red

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  9. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

A buddy suggested Hollow Men as an option

Willen and kesharq like this.
  10. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

First I thought about using old MobileBrigadas, then converted Grenzers, after that Prowlers and now, finally, I will indeed use some Hollowmen as Evaders

11. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like the minis a lot. But playing CJC never get to use them. This is a good excuse.
    Plus I figure as soon as I buy them and get them painted up, the official minis will come out!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation