1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eldar - Infinity Webway

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by IcariumVNam, Feb 23, 2021.

1. IcariumVNam

IcariumVNam Well-Known Member

Eldar were my first ever army in 40K and in fact in any game system. I always liked the mythos and aesthetic surrounding them, the last of a dying race, once noble warriors now reduced to manipulators in the shadows. They also suited my preferred play style which has always been to have a small, fast, elite army. The models in 1998 were top of the range and I couldn’t wait to paint them all. I still have my entire Eldar army back in England painted in my bright orange and white scheme. Upon returning to the hobby 3 years ago I opted for Infinity over Warhammer as I preferred the true scale models and the price of GW products had become a serious issue. However there remained a nagging desire to return to the Eldar. Like a mind itch that wont go away the idea remained in the background until I was scanning the Infinity website for new models and saw the Beyond Red Veil box set. This set in motion what you will see in this thread, my Eldar Kill Team.

Now it must be said that I don’t play Kill Team or have any intention to in the future so this small Eldar task force will be purely a modelling and painting project. This allows me to ignore models which can actually be represented in Kill Team and follow my age old golden rule of cool. I will return to my orange and white scheme but this time tweaked towards a bronze and turquoise combination. As this project was designed to make my ideal Eldar raiding party, OSL was needed to make them look suitably advanced and the GW models tragically have barely been updated since my youth. Therefore the entire warband will be a kitbash of Infinity, 40K and Kingdom Death models. I don’t have any hard and fast rules of what I do and don’t want to include yet but each model should look unique and dynamic.

First up are the two guardians based on the Neo Terra Bolts:
    IMG_20200513_160509-01.jpeg
    IMG_20200505_133242-01.jpeg

Then the model that started the whole idea, the converted Warp Spider based on the Fiday.
    IMG_20210210_111045-01 (1).jpeg

I have more images on my website as well as all my other Infinity projects.
    https://www.medusasglaze.com/eldar

I have some more models in the works based around the rest of the Beyond Red Veil box.

Any suggestions for other Infinity models which might work as Eldar proxies much appreciated.

#1 IcariumVNam, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    melkiach, Abydog, Savnock and 10 others like this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Very nice!
    You can always use them on Infinity and/or other alternative mini-agnostic rulesets like One Page Rules, Star Breach or many others if you wish

melkiach and Savnock like this.
  3. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so it is best use of bolts to this day ;)
    al tho blue osl an song as this is not laser light woud not grant you this effect - it start with brightest and then fade

4. IcariumVNam

IcariumVNam Well-Known Member

Yeah I will likely use them as 0-12 if I ever actually get to play Infinity again. To be honest I rarely play any games I'm more of a painter.

Agree on the lighting effect, it does look better in real life.

Here is the Ragik to Swooping Hawk conversion. Had originally intended to just add the wings but it quickly spiralled into a more complicated project.

If any one has any more suggestions for Infinity models which would make great Eldar let me know. I have turned the Hac Tao into a Striking Scorpion and Tarik will become an Autarch.

IMG_20210228_154630-01.jpeg

melkiach, zapp, Abydog and 6 others like this.
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'd love to play against that!

There's a new game called Stargrave too. Based on the fantasy skirmish Frostgrave.

melkiach likes this.
  6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

This is bloody madness, and amazing. Really, really great blend of the best of both lines here. That Fiday/Warp Spider is better than anything GW ever did.

I came to Infinity from Eldar too. The more-realistic proportions on Infinity stuff made it impossible for me to go back to GW, giant hammy hands and heads and all that. But the gear, especially Eldar gear, in GW models is still great, and you've blended some of the best bits in here.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

melkiach and Space Ranger like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation