1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effect

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Loky, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Loky

Loky New Member

Hello, sorry for my English (:flag-fr:) which is not very good, I hope you will understand my question:
    Aristeia! is a game where the order of the sequences is important, that's why I wonder about the action phase or we find in "3. roll" and "4. effect" in which are applied the :6: and the :5:, so after the result phase in roll, if we strictly follow this order many effects could not be applied since it adds dice in" 2. roll the dice "of the roll phase.

I understand that the effects are applied according to their rule (adding dice for example) but I wonder why the phase of effect is placed like that or why the effects acting in the roll phase are not specified in their rules as for the attack of VALKYRIE for example.

I hope to have been clear :cold_sweat:

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Very clear, don't worry.

So yes, thing is that's wrong: First two :6: in Valkyrie's Attack must be removed.

3. Loky

Loky New Member

Even if I do not have any trouble applying the effects, if we are "stupidly" the order of the sequences, Hannibal will never benefit from the effect :6: of its coordinated assault since it will be checked after the Roll phase, for example

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We'll review it to make the necessary changes and update.

Thanks a lot!

:wink:

5. Loky

Loky New Member

It is I who thank you
    This game is really excellent, keep it up

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Thank you!

:wink:

7. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Digging up this old post. @-V-

With this discussion in mind https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/transmutacion-de-moonchild-y-efectos-de-acciones.37069/ and the posting above:

- So we have to ignore the :6:arrows for Hannibal's attack as well as the first two for Valk's attack? I think we all played it right but with Moonchild in the game it can cause problems because of this question:
    - And does Moonchild transform before we apply effects like from Hippolyta's or Axl's attack (damage and transmutation before effect) or even Lunah's Suppresive Fire (Switches first = damage)?

And as a sidenote: The :6::5: arrows in step 4 of this wiki page https://aristeiathegame.com/wiki/article/5-actions are switched.

8. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

As far as I can remember, :6: Effects which lists any timing, apply at that precise timing (dice adding effects that have no timing shold be read as "before the roll", otherwise they couldn't be applied). :5: Effects (as well as :6: with no specific timing) apply always at 4 step of the action (Effects). Remember that dogwarrior Moonchild gets rid of Switches only, not Effects.

Moonchild transforms as soon as she gets enough Damage to be sent to the Infirmary. If she gets Damage dealt at Switches step, then she is transformed, and then the Action goes on normally. As for the Attack Damage, right now there's a little contradiction, as Damage can be applied at step 3 (Roll, Results step) or at step 4 (Effects). So, when FAQ comes out we¡ll know how to deal with it.

As you can read at the thread you link, I think that Damage shold be applied at step 3 (and thus, any State imposed as an Attack's Effect is imposed on dogwarrior Moonchild if she's dealt enough Damage to get her transformed).

Hope this helps!

:3

9. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Sure that about Total Immunity thing. I was refering to Transmutation out of Dog-Face form. And my question for Valk and Hannibal was considering the postings above when V said the first two arrows for Valkyrie are to be ignored. I think we all know how it is intented to be played. But for new/inexperienced players it would be nice to clarify this. :wink: Because the Wiki and reference guide don't feature the wording ":6: Effects which lists any timing, apply at that precise timing." which would be a nice solution to add. Then you have no need to change the cards.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation