1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Echo Bravo and Wild Parrot Conversion

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Death By Monkeys, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So, I know we’ve got models for them. And, frankly, I really like the Echo Bravo model. But I just can’t get on board the Sad Thomas the Tank Engine wild parrot (pun fully intended).

Prior to pics of the Echo Bravo model being released, I had already started planning to convert one out of an Akali Commando. But once I saw CB’s wild parrot, I knew I had to make my own.

The Echo Bravo’s dossier pic shows him wearing a standard PanO jump pack like the Akalis or Crusader Brethren. But then we’re shown the Wild Parrot which appears to double as the Echo Bravo model’s jump pack. I got looking at the standard PanO jump pack and realizing that on it’s own, it resembles the body and wings of a bird. I just needed to figure out a head for it. Elsewhere in another conversation, a friend talked about using Malifaux Mechanical Doves for his Wild Parrots. With a blister of metal Mechanical Doves and a jump pack I popped off the back of my Akali Commando, I thought - “Why not both?”

I dremeled down the bumps on the inside of the jump pack, then cut off the wings of the Mechanical Dove. I then dremeled the back of the Mechanical Dove until I could fit it against the inside of the jump pack with the head above the top. I greenstuffed the seams and made him a beak. Then I took part of my Fat Yuan Yuan’s jetwash and mounted the Wild Parrot launching upward.

6A4D7C00-6BCB-422D-AB5D-33A19E51B405.jpeg
    6E6CF904-DD70-43AF-A3BC-0E9823279709.jpeg

For the Echo Bravo, rather than sculpt a new back for the Akal, I made a greenstuff mold of Fusilier Angus (one of the few male PanO infantry without a backpack) and then imprinted the Fusilier’s armor on another piece of greenstuff which I fit to the back of the Akal to give him back armor plates.

6628D878-8AFA-4D4F-B09A-1493A2549202.jpeg
    3C9CECA9-554E-4078-8A30-C500EF12385D.jpeg

I greenstuffed the antenna hole in the back of his head, drilled out the ears on his helmet and added antennae to the sides of his head like the Echo Bravo model. I dremeled off the Sikh kirpan dagger on the Akal’s thigh and replaced it with the sheath for a straight-bladed combat knife.

F0E24CFB-32AB-4C63-97F9-76DAEE6D6975.jpeg
    01E407FA-2C73-4F69-AFC7-65F2431B822D.jpeg

While I’ll get the Echo Bravo eventually, I’m not in a rush while I’ve got this guy to use.

Attached Files:

osoi, M.O.A., Ixidro and 14 others like this.
  2. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

Great work and creativity!! I daresay the backpack surpasses CB's mediocre effort on the parrot.

Guardian and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Death By Monkeys You sir have just convinced me of trying this out for myself. Thank you for posting this grand conversion.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very nice!

I am also not very impressed with the Wild Parrot model...

5. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Nice one.

I'm a fan of the EB miniature itself, but the Parrot doesn't bother me a lot because (in my experience) it only spends about 15 seconds on the table.

That being said, the creativity and quality of your conversion is something to proud of. I also have so many extra Akalis, it's nice to have something to do with them...

6. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Well done!

7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

This is a very cool conversion effort.

Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

But...

[​IMG]

It's obviously PanO the train, not Thomas.

Just saying.

8. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

That train driver is fucking scary... he is going to do some things with pano the train.

9. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Like at most two things in these story.
    1. Everybody shouts to PanO: You lost! You lost!
    2. PanO had learned to listen.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Pano chu chu.jpg

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation