1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-mitter

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Fire@Will, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Out of the Yuriko Oda profiles, I find myself drawn more to the E-mitter over the Panzerfaust - both have a handy ARO, in their different ways, but the Panzerfaust is limited to one (B2) shot per turn, and when combined with HMGs and Shock MMR, the E-mitter presents dilemmas when the Keisotsu fireteam is set up for ARO; 4 E/M rolls, HMG or the SMMR, pick your poison.

What are your experiences with this? Do you use it, or prefer the Panzer?

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

E/Mitters are good on units that don't have trouble getting behind units to hit and force normal rolls -- an E/Mitter on an Akali is pretty alright, and the Cube Jaeger makes it somewhat workable.

Also you really shouldn't be leaving your HMG or SMMR up for ARO in most cases, the big advantages of linking those weapons are the active turn burst. B2 BS13 normal ammo with no visual mods isn't really a threatening ARO...

The Panzerfaust, on the other hand, is a BS15 B2 ARO shooting AP+EXP -- losing that f2f means you will probably die. And she has hyper dynamics, which gives her a semi-meaningful chance of dodging out of the way after unloading her ammo.

Xeurian and barakiel like this.
  3. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

My defensive keisotsu link usually includes a Missile Launcher and Yuriko panzerfaust, COC Kempei for up close and a bunch of pleb keisotsu. If I'm going first, I'll deploy the link in total cover - planning on spending one of my last orders to get the one or two pieces into firing positions for ARO purposes. If I'm going second I will counter deploy my opponent - if he leaves ARO pieces on rooftops both Yuriko and the Missile will stick out, if my opponent gives me nothing, I'll link these two ladies together and attempt to speedbump appropriate firelanes.

I've never had the Emitter profile be effective on anything that I can't get behind - I also play Morats and love my tooled out rasyat - because I can jump behind that TAG, shoot it in the back for free from outside 8" and laugh my way to the bank. When Yuriko tries to engage with B2 from the front.... I haven't found that to be terribly effective, even as an ARO. I find the limited ammo on the panzerfaust isn't a big deal because frankly after that first shot, you're either dead, or killed the big scary thing you dumped your panzerfausts into. Rarely do I get another outcome (unless I'm shooting at dog warriors, but they're not a great choice for panzerfausts)

Almost every list I write includes Yuriko. I know a lot of JSA players talk about Yojimbo being an auto include, but for what she brings to the table, Yuriko is my go to profile.

grampyseer and ambisinister like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation