1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durgama Decapitation - Blue Wolf or Guijia?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I might get to play this week doing the Durgama Decapitation. I'm planning on doing White Banner but the this can also be applied to Vanilla. I can't decide on what I want to do.

In this mission, TAGs are only .5 SWC. and since Lt. are the target I'd think it's a good idea to take a Guijia Lt. However, the Blue Wolf has some advantages by having Terrain Total. If I go with WB I will then take a Daofei Spitfire Lt.

In Vanilla I can Duo the Guijia with Krit. In WB I can duo with a Tian Gou looking like a Shang Ji.

Any suggestions?

2. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I like the Guijia more across the board. Higher armour, better fireteam support in vanilla (or rather, fire team support at all), and WB doesn't do much to support the Blue Wolf anyway. And superjump on TAG mobility is actually really good.

Guijia as a Lt actually works solidly in WB, where he can you get two great linked CoC pieces anyway, where as the Wolf is, unfortunately again, having to squeeze a Lt in on top.
    White Banner does a pretty poor job of supporting TAGs, so having some measure of self sufficiency is really important, and the Guijia does that much better than the Wolf, who I find has no real home within his own sectorial.

Granted, the Guijia should probably be a little bit cheaper, it should at most cost no more than the non-NCO Gator, but I've been happy with what it brings to the table, even if it is a bit overcosted.

As far as the Blue Wolf goes, in WB I'll almost always have a better time running a Shang Ji p/haris instead. There's very little you'll be missing out on from the Wolf once your team is complete, and you'll be fitting in more orders to boot. Things become a bit more interesting in vanilla, where the Blue Wolf's qualities are harder to replicate and he has more friends that mesh with him. Krit FD shares the same operating space, and you have more cost effective long-range options, so you don't feel like you're sacrificing your only good HMG space by taking him.
    If you are running vanilla, he'll make good use of the terrain bonus and blizzard zone.

Basically, if running WB, go Guijia, every time. If going vanilla, both are solid, and it will depend on the rest of your composition.

#2 Weathercock, Jul 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    Space Ranger likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Personally I greatly prefer the Blue Wolf. The smaller footprint means it's possible to get around and you don't have to rely on 1B AROs at your opponent's choosing to keep it relatively safe. Since the TAG is self-contained I also don't need to worry about the footprint of the thing compared to a Haris and since I dislike playing against the rules and generally it's very seldom that you get a good use out of pop-up shots well... super-jump doesn't really do anything for me.
    Both do need something to deal with mimetic long range AROs as e.g. a Noctifer or Hexa with a heavy SWC gun can roll high enough odds that it's hard to brute force them and there's been too many games where Guijias (and similar) have just gotten stuck on Q-Drones. In fact, getting S7+ TAGs stuck and unable to move properly is so damned common that I've basically concluded to stop playing them (with exceptions for maybe Zeta or Maruts)

Weathercock brings up a good point as well and that's the Terrain Total, which is an asset in so many Durgama missions.

Space Ranger likes this.
  4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

For WB I'm likely to take a Daofei anyway. Making him the Lt. Is pretty good in Decapitation.

Another thing good about the Guijia is just the ability to freely use the Lt. Order on him. This mission they already know the Lt. Even my vanilla list he's with Krit who has NCO.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation